1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The school year....wait school?!?! :'(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Linkman DS, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Linkman DS

Linkman DS Active Member

BLAH! School! :( We all don't like school correct? Well, I'm going to grade 8 and going to school on the 4th after Labour day. So tell me what you think about school and such...*cries out loud* School is tomorrow! :'(

2. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

We started las twe and I got a bunch of crappy teachers. On the plus my girlfriends in most of my classes.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

My school started more than a week ago. :p

I love it though, People are great and lectures are fun. Though the travel time of an hour each way does kill. =/

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I start my final year on the 24th of September...

5. stevo11185

stevo11185 Well-Known Member

I like school for one reason: i'm away from my dad.

well also because i laugh all day long when I'm with my friends. I also like annoying the teachers and i'm gonna rub it in their faces that i got far higher than what they expected.

AS = 2 High B's
    = 2 HIGH D's

I'm going onto A level now and i hope to get them DD to CC and the BB to AA

6. tapwatah

tapwatah Well-Known Member

Huh! I'm going to 8th grade too. Well, my school is worse, because it's a charter school that barely gets any funding. When the brochure said "We adapt to a child's special needs" my mom thought they were talking about everyone's intelligence level, not mentally disabled people. Well, it's okay, because 1. All I have been doing every day this summer is sitting in front of this computer for 10 hours a day and 2. There are only 30 people in the entire middle school.

7. Loonylion

mine said that too. And they didn't :(

8. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

School starts tomorrow here. I'm dreading it... ugh!

9. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

I don't go to school, I go to university (5th year), which starts a quite a high speed. Example: today I had three professors 'expelled' from one of the more official education committees, because they weren't doing anything.

10. tapwatah

Wow, 5th year. What are going for? Network security?

11. Loonylion

I'm doing networking and its only 3 years. (technically 2 as the first year doesnt count towards anything)

12. tapwatah

I'm thinking about software development... networking is more of a hacking thind, right?

13. Loonylion

not really... I learn how to program routers and switches, what cables to plug in where, and how to configure the settings on computers, how to run servers etc.

14. tapwatah

That sounds cool.

15. nomercy

I'm doing a Master in Computer Engineering. Started two days ago. And technically I'm in my fourth year of study.

16. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

*sigh* In exactly... well 30-50 minutes from now I have to go to school. :mad:

17. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

My final year of high school started about eight months ago at the end of January. In Australia the school year fits into the seasonal year. I have less than two months left before I have finished all my exams and graduated then I'm looking at doing a double degree in nanotechnology and applied science majoring in nanostructrues and physics next year.

18. nomercy

Australia you say? I'm looking for an internship in Australia. Do you know any good companies or universities in the area of Computer Engineering, Informatics or Electrical Engineering there? Any suggestion is welcome!

19. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

There aren't a large number of major computer companies based in Australia, although those like CISCO do have headqaurters and branches here (CISCO is more networking than computer engineering though). The area of North Ryde in Sydney is pretty much the Australian equivalent to Silicon Valley and has a lot of technology based companies.

Now to do with universities: I live in Melbourne, so I don't know about those in states other than Victoria, but Monash has a very good reputation for engineering and science and Melbourne is the best university in the country, but doesn't focus very heavily on computers. If you want to know what institutions are doing courses similar to what you're doing go here and it will show any university that runs the major you search for as well as provide information on it.

As with what university I want to go to: my first choice will be LaTrobe however this is only because they are one of the only two unversities in Australia that run the course I want. My second choice, and the other uni, is RMIT which has a very good reputation for engineering and technology and focuses as a more industry based institution. If I had the choice of any university though I would have probably picked Melbourne first (as I have a scholarship to there with guarenteed entry - which I'll be wasting :() or Monash.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, I don't know a lot about the fields you are interested in. Hope that helps though :)

20. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

after many holidays i dont feel to go to school but its nice anyway