1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Right fighting style for me?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Troublesome222, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Troublesome222

Troublesome222 Well-Known Member

Hey. I'm a small dude and I need a fighting style. I'm pretty weak and would like to be able to dodge stuff and hit hard. Please help.

2. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Muay Thai.
    I think it's spelt like that T3T
    It's kick boxing + jumping like a maniac + elbows + being fast.
    Yeps - it's awesome.

3. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Krav Maga - it's about taking your oponent down with fast and devastating blows. It's dirty and allows the use of weapons like knife or staff apart fom your body, but also teaches how to use your surroundings to harm your foe. It's used in Israel army and it's used to kill people during a war... I think it's best for self defense, and you don't have to be strong to (NO!) or to kick somebodys throat...

4. Troublesome222

I'm 13. I'm only doing this cause someone I know and hate threatened me on facebook (See! It causes problems!)... He said he'd snap me in half...
    and cause I want to be able to stand up for myself in other situations too.

5. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

As you say you are small I recommend Jeet Kune Do. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeet_Kune_Do If you can kind a teacher you will learn how to be very fast, very agile and know where and how to strike properly and effectively. Ignore Rysio's suggestion about knives, I am sure this person is not worth you going to jail for.

6. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Yay, knife ;D It really looks like suggestion thought :-\... I never wrote that, forget about it!

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

My suggestion, you being small as you said, would be Judo use your assailants' weight against them & send them flying off towards the moon, LOL!

8. Troublesome222

Judo... Hmm... That would be good. I'll look into it, thanks.

9. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Aim for the crotch!

10. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

I was about to say karate, but considering you're a small stature, the best chance is to take advantage of the other like, as CRV said, judo or sambo (which are both very similar) or hapkido which focuses more on the hip throws
    but really it's up to you, the one that makes you feel more comfortable and more confident is the one you should really go for

and never use a weapon, it's just...lame...

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Does that include Magnum handguns & AKs crazy?

12. crazytuna

yes it does, frankly I preferred the old times cause it required skills to use a sword, now I think anyone can pick up a gun and use it, sure some people are better than others at shooting but, you know what I mean

13. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

become a ninja

[​IMG]

14. crazytuna

>_< no....

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

firing a gun is a lot harder than it looks.

16. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

To fire a gun effectivly at range is hard... shooting someone from a metre away is pretty easy.

17. crazytuna

it is easier to pick up a gun than a sword isn't it

18. Troublesome222

Who changed the topic? The mods can lock it now, I've chosen Judo...

Or we could keep the thread open and change what its about.

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I know of a good fighting style, learn fast dancing techniques and make your own custom fighting style, dodge with your dancing skill and flexibility and use spins and swift movements to catch your enemy off guard

Edit: It usually works better with slimmer people with long legs

20. koniferus

koniferus Well-Known Member

He's right. Krav Maga is great. When you train for martial arts, you spend half of your time learning about honor and respect and all that jazz. Krav Maga teaches you how to evade attacks and inflict disabling pain quickly. Perfect for a small dude vs a big fat jerk!