1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The register?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ch2435, Jun 2, 2009.

1. ch2435

ch2435 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it like, isn't working...

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

The registration?
    Which one??

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure what you're talking about either, and you're not being very specific. "Isn't working" for some might be exactly how it's supposed to be.

4. ch2435

ch2435 Well-Known Member

Okay, log out and click the 'register' button up the top next to the log in button. Nothing happens...

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

on the forum? if so that's deliberately disabled

6. ch2435

ch2435 Well-Known Member

Oh. May I ask why? You may want to put that somewhere when you click the button or something.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Probably because it wouldn't work. Or it isn't actually linked with the site's login/register (considering you can't log in the main site to be logged in the Forum, you have to login in the Forum instead for example). Otherwise, before the update, clicking the Register button on the Forum didn't work either (don't remember) ? It's only a 'stock' forum, so no real changes will be made until the SMF team release their new theme. I'm probably wrong though :p

8. Loonylion

its disabled because registering via the forum results in a bugged account that can't accumulate points. Registering via the site is the only way to get a working account. It shouldn't matter where you log in though.

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

But yeah, it's yet another one of the things bugged by the update which was put on the "annoying but not critical" list.

10. ch2435

ch2435 Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks for that. I'll let ma mate know that he can only register via the main site.

11. Tomohawk

Tomohawk New Member

My bro wants an account but neither of us can get the registration to work...we looked and the only one we found was at the forums page and the link doesn't work...

12. Loonylion

its on the main site when you aren't logged in. Click 'Join the community', or www.romulation.net/user/register/