1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The R4DS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rob91, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Rob91

Rob91 Well-Known Member

Can anybody tell me if the R4DS can play PS ISOs? ???

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Err, the DS isn't capable of playing PS games and never will be, it simply isn't fast enough to do so.

3. Rob91

Rob91 Well-Known Member

Aw chips. :-[

4. tapwatah

tapwatah Well-Known Member

Yeah... the processor is just too slow, and won't even allow it to play N64 (NOOOOO!). I do know that the GP2x (open-source linux handheld) has an application that can play PSX and PS isos at ten less frames per second than the original console.

5. Assi9

Assi9 Active Member

I think it will eventually with all the mem packs and homebrew stuff going on. I've got epsxe to run on some old PCs, PII/III 300-500mHz 2-8MB graphics, 32/64 tam...heck i ran it on a celeron 400 if I remember the first time. Without all the effects and stuff I'm sure it will emulate in a pixelated way but you wont even notice on the small screen.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I ran it on a 400 with 64MB ram and a 4MB graphics card with no problems. N64 emulation, on the other hand, Mario64 was barely playable.

7. rtrxggg

rtrxggg New Member

I didnt want to make a whole other forum thingy for this but is there anything to get the r4ds to play game boy advance games?? ???

8. deadman855555

deadman855555 Member

no you cant play gba games on a R4DS. u need a slot 2 cart to play them. but i would still recommend R4DS for ds backups. seems like mega man has troubles with every flash cart except for R4. which R4 does push out updates when needed within hours.

9. rtrxggg

rtrxggg New Member

Ya i already have the r4ds and was just wandering if i could play advance games on it oh well i guess not but if u have a way to do it then post it 8)

10. Rob91

Rob91 Well-Known Member

Yeah I asked if the R4DS can play PS games not if it works on an old computer,or if it plays GBA games. Now lets please stay on topic.

11. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We did answer your question though, it can't and it never will be able to.