1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Optimum PSX ISO Burning Thread!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ruge, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruge

ruge Member

Yo, just wanted to gather people's opinions on burning PSX isos?

Personally, I use Alcohol 120% on 16x burn.... and I buy decent media (Verbatim, Imation etc).

There are a number of people who claim that slow burning causes errors, while some claim that fast burning causes errors...

Also, when I boot these discs, some games load fine, while some take an eternity and I can hear the PSX try its hardest to read the discs..

Is there any general consensus as to how PSX isos should be burnt?

Cheers.

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I burn PSX iso's with imgburn at 2x speed, I've never had a problem once :D

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Slow burning is recommended, so burn at the lowest speed possible. I haven't got an "error" from slowburning whatsoever.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Slower is generally better, and ever with ordinary data CDs I never burn at max speed. I burn console games at 2x and standard data CDs at 48x.

5. sexywogboy

I'm an imaptient guy, I don't want to wait too long to burn a game lol

6. ruge

ruge Member

I just burnt Bust a Groove 2 on:

Alcohol 120%
    4x Burning
    PlayStation mode

The game boots fine, but the music is extremely choppy (and given its a music game, its unplayable). I had similar issues with DDR ISO, but Thrill Kill was fine....

7. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

So is DVD-R the only media to use for burning PSX or PS2 Or even Gamecube or can you use +R or RW?

8. ruge

ruge Member

Im using CDRs to burn these PSX games, and playing on a Sony PlayStation SCPH7502

9. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Any guides for using Nero 7? a friend of mine (no really!) is trying to burn PSX isos and I am sad to say that neither him or myself know what the heck we are doing (got the coasters to prove it) and really can't find any decent info he has the modded PSX and I have only delt with rom patching and the sort haven't bothered with ISOs so I thought I would help by getting the info and pass it on.

10. ruge

ruge Member

Just extract the .7z files (get a freeware 7z extractor) and burn the imagein (CCD or IMG) file. I havent tried with Nero myself, but thats what im assuming will do the job.

11. Loonylion

I would advise using imgburn rather than nero. It is free and intended for burning disc images.

12. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Figured out the problem...my friend accidently deleted a file after he downloaded it and turns out it was something vital and luckly he was able to retrive it from the recycle bin and now its working and got 2 others to work since then so I guess he has figured out what he is doing now. So now its my turn to have a go at it.

13. rastagir

rastagir New Member

I use Nero but I am not sure I am doing it right. Ever PSX ISO comes with a .img file and a .ccd file (Soul Edge had 3 files: a .ccd, a .img and a .sub file). I use Magicdisc to mount them and then Nero to burn them. I can see the intro of the game, but can't play it.

Any ideas? And is it possible for someone to write a quick guide for another image writer programm if they find that it's working?

Thanks in advance!

14. sexywogboy

Why doesn't everyone use imgburn? It's free and works best! I've used nero, it does work, but it's not free, and it's not as simple as imgburn. ;)

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...it comes with people's pc sometimes, like my awsome laptop :)

But what about making disc out of Mdf or simerlar files?

Or the dreaded "I downloaded this massive game in part by part downloads and now I have 18 ccd files"

What do you do with those-would it be easier if I downloaded them again in another format?

(note those multipart files are from another site-before I discovered this one-dino crisis if anyone wants to know)

16. Loonylion

if you have 18 ccd files there's something wrong somewhere, .ccd is a cuesheet format; there should only be one per disc. Imgburn supports MDS/MDF files.

17. ruge

ruge Member

Can I ask whom plays these PSX isos on an actual PSX? Just want to confirm if the games (for everyone else) run quite well on PC but struggle to read on a PSX?

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...i downloaded it in parts, and that what i was left with-there was also 18 parts of the other files that came with it...

I was hoping it would open up like the last one, an mdf/mds file-and merge-these didn't and they STILL work af if normal...provided they are in the same place.

19. sexywogboy

I play all my burned PSX games on my modded PSX, never had a problem when burning with imgburn

20. ruge

ruge Member

I gave imgburn a try, and yes I agree, its quite dominant. So much better than any other program out there. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.