1. This forum is in read-only mode.

the new look of EDGE ds website

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by crimson089, Oct 24, 2009.

1. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

here's the link: http://www.edge-ds.cn/?lang=en

They're introducing their new product 'iedge'. Something's wrong with the marketing strategy, I don't know but it looks suicidal to me. I recently heard about the issues of nintendo and flashcarts. That 'legal' in all caps caught my eye especially that some sort of slogan, "Stay ahead of the game, choose EDGE.. "

oh pls... I was a big fan of the edge team :-[

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What exactly is your problem? Seems to me like the Edge just released a DSi compatible card. That just adds another potentially fairly high compatible DSi card to the list.

As far as the "legal" info about the update, that is how every DSi flashcart compatible with the 1.4 firmware works. And many flashcarts do not distribute all the ROM info needed, like the Acekard2i and the DSTTi. You have to download the 1.4 firmware update from other sources. This keeps Nintendo and other copyright holders away from the website, so that they don't get threatened.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The reason why they say it's legal is because it is, the flash cart itself that is, if there's no software on it then it is essentially just a chip that you can't use for anything, it doesn't become illegal until the software is put on it.

4. crimson089

that's why i'm using edge for years now and i'll keep on supporting them :-X

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

iEDGE looks pretty cool, and so does the site.

Might get that cheap CycloDS ripoff.

6. crimson089

righteous, it's cheap but has good quality

hmm... i just don't see the relevance of that some kind of slogan, and to put that legal word in all caps. anyway, more power to edge ds!!

7. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

So the EDGE is actually just a cheap Cyclo DS ripoff? Well, it's a very good ripoff - hasn't failed me yet.
    As for the LEGAL part, the guy at modchip.ca said the exact same thing Seph wrote.
    iEDGE huh . . . currently, there isn't a "DSi only" game out there that would compell me to buy it, so right now, I'm fine with my Lite. I'm patient enough to wait for these guys to work out all the bugs with this new system.
    Also, your avatar is very amusing crimson089, reminds me of the times when I made little animations in really thick books (couldn't do the flashing backgrounds though, too much work).

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes it is. http://www.cyclopsds.com/downloads/evo-manual-1.4.pdf http://www.edge-ds.cn/downloads/edge-manual-1.0-ENG.pdf

The iEDGE appears to be their own work.

9. game_player5599

game_player5599 New Member

do any of u guys know where u can buy the iedge
    Post Merge: [time]1257965435[/time]
    crimson089 nice profile pic

10. crimson089

thanks, why do you have to copy my avatar