1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The new 1.19 code

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rabjarvis, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabjarvis

rabjarvis Member

I have just instold the upgrade 1.19 onto my R4 DS card, but it won`t let me put my old DS theme back on. What am I doing wrong?
    Also can`t get Grand theft 4 to load, just get a blue screen.
    PLEASE CAN YOU HELP!!!! Kids doing my head in.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

1.19 is NOT an official R4 firmware, you would likely be best off putting 1.18 back on. There are no newer official releases than 1.18 and there will not be any more,

3. rabjarvis

rabjarvis Member

Cheers, But if I put 1.18 on, Games like fun at the carnival wont play, but do on 1.19. Or am I doing something wrong when using1.18?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

1.19 adds compatibility for some games that did not work on 1.18, but it also breaks compatibility with a number of games that worked on 1.18. The R4 is now retired, and any updates that appear are not official and cannot be guaranteed as an improvement. 1.19 was the first third party firmware and it wasn't very good. You can try YSMENU (anandjones will have to tell you more about that), but if that is not good enough then you will have to consider getting a new flashcart.

5. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

Theres your problem! Try playing GTA: Chinatown Wars! :p

In seriousness, look at the sticky in Technical Help about Chinatown Wars, anandjones has excellent solutions for the problems with the game.

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=14970.0

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

1.19 is a custom build of YSMenu. Just downgrade back to 1.18. YSMenu http://www.mediafire.com/?m2zwdnmwkzm

7. rabjarvis

rabjarvis Member

Cheers. Have put 1.18 back and a patch everything working, thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.