1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Marriage of Prince William & Kate Middleton

Discussion in 'General News' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I am halfway puzzled & halfway certain why this "awesome" event *insert sarcasm* :p has not yet been discussed or brought to everyone's attention by now.

I'm puzzled because it's plastered everywhere on the news & I'm certain it hasn't been discussed because no one cares :p LOL!

Well yeah, a big chunk of the populace still believe in the middle age idealism of what Royalty means & that it's still every girl's fantasy to marry a Prince & all. But, ever since I've joined in several forum discussions where either loony or equity have taken part where they clarify that in today's world Royalty is merely a Figurehead that doesn't have the kind of power it once had back in the middle ages... I kinda had a rude awakening of sorts LOL!

I admit I used to be like those other folk who clung to the classical notions, but now... the whole hoohah about this wedding is all "meh! :p" to me.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

That applies to the British monarchy. In some countries the monarchy does still have power.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Oops, forgot about that one loony :)

You know what I find strange at times?? It's that even though there are other countries that are still under a monarchical form of Governance like in the Arab Nations, when people talk of Kings, Queens, Princes & Princesses they immediately correlate it to the British & Europe. After all most of the fairy tales we all grew up reading about were based on European kingdoms.

4. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

I live in the UK and couldn't care less.

5. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Theres not much "true British " people here nowadays to care.I think there will be more interest in all the Commonwealth countries that Britain controls.Lets hope that Kate doesnt end up like them 2 x birds that married Prince Charles and Andrew

6. Loonylion

wait, prince charles married a woman?! I thought it was a horse's arse.

7. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Because people who gain fame and notability through the their bloodline aren't worth meaningful attention.

8. shadowhawk95

shadowhawk95 Well-Known Member

Who cares.It's just a waste of time.

9. theunderling

Its Princess Anne that looks like a horse.But MSG would still hump her.....

10. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I hope she gets shat on by a pigeon. The whole thing is a fucking joke, the amount of tax payer's money they're wasting is unbelievable. Not to mention the royal family isn't needed in the first place, can't we sell them to Canada or something?

11. Renesha

Renesha Guest

This. =O

12. lewis9191

And what do they really do. They just turn up at events and don't do anything. Having a monacry in this day in pointless.

13. Loonylion

You'd get executed for saying that in thailand. Some countries are still run by their monarch.

14. theunderling

Your right there Loony-them lot worship Royalty.

And did Fergie suck your toes........LOL

15. Renesha

Renesha Guest

Why don't we have the right to vote out the monarchy? o_O

16. Loonylion

I personally think the monarchy would do a much better job of running the country than any of the governments we've had in the last 20 years. But then, so would I.

17. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but that's easily one of the most ridiculous things I've read on this forum. Granted we've had some pretty useless governments but do you have any evidence at all that suggests why the Royal Family would be better suited.

18. lewis9191

Plus the royal family are no way as educated as government and actually having a democracy running the country that the public can vote for there respective leaders would make a lot more sense.

19. Loonylion

They couldn't easily be worse. I also have a great respect for the wisdom of elderly people, and the Queen certainly qualifies. William also seems pretty level headed.

I would seriously question that statement, more than a few decisions made by the last 20 years worth of governments makes me wonder if they even passed secondary school. Indeed, their 'education' could well be part of the problem, certainly in david cameron's case.

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

They may get more attention up there anyways.

I thought they were filming that marriage in 3D or something, but it flopped.