1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of time, need help extracting the files

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shaq1on1baller, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I downloaded The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of time from the site... https://www.romulation.org/N64/Legend_of_Zelda,_The_-_Ocarina_of_Time.7z.html/
    with every other game I downloaded it worked fine, just needed to extract it and place it onto my card. (Supercard ds one). But when I extract the files around 50 files come up all in ".z64" files, for example
    "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) (GC) [!].z64"
    What do I do from here?
    Do I just put them all in one folder and place that onto my card?
    Do I try and put all the files in on file to create some sort of super file?
    really need help,
    much appreciated.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

n64 games won't work on a ds silly.

You need an n64 emulator for pc called project 64

Or Daldalusx64 for psp :p

3. oooohhhhh... i see, lol is there no way to put the emulator onto the ds? and whats with all the files that come up? would i put all of them into the emmulator or just one?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The ds is too weak to emulate, and besides there is no emulators for it...at all.

The other files are the same game but different regions or types.

For example, the one you listed "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) (GC) [!].z64" is the gamecube conversion, all that's changed is the button layout.

Plus that is the master quest version, which is a harder version of the original game, and was only sold for the n64DD (double drive-an rather large add on for the console that added to the bottom of the console-look it up via google).

And the other ones, say like with (J) for japanese, (E) for euro regions (like australia) and (U) for USA...

They were all put together because it's a waste having just one, and because compressing them all at once gives the same file size as just one...it works out better :)

Might even be some modified roms in there (say like unofficial english translations...or even "mortal kombat bros" in super mario bro's case XD )

5. wow... thanks alot, where can i get this emulator from please? im tempted to bust out my n64 and play it right now lol, still got it in its original packagin :D apart from my mum keeps wantin to throw it out lmao

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I still have mine :)

Ok...google these terms.

"project 64"

That is all you need, google skills-that's how I found it :)

7. Thanks alot, gona start playin master quest now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.