1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time, DS game ever be possible

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by rootwo62, Oct 16, 2009.

1. rootwo62

rootwo62 Member

well the title explains my question but here's my answer to my question if anyone has any other thoughts please share.

I think its totally possible for the ocarina of time and majoras mask to be remade by nintindo for the ds because kh 358/2 days has the best graphics for a ds game (MY OPINION) and its game engine in general is great i know that it wasnt created by the same people but things could happen i mean the original kindom hearts idea came up in a elavator.

2. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

The DS can handle OoT (MAYBE MM), but imagine the controls! Could be a bit tricky.

As far as the technical problems, there wouldn't be any. I can't think of a really intensive part of OoT that would actually push the system. None of OoT pushed the N64 to any limits. MM, however, did.

3. Amidamaru1234

Amidamaru1234 Well-Known Member

Probably possible, but like xelados said, the controls could be tricky, especially revolving around that Z trigger

4. paisios

paisios Well-Known Member

we can only hope

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

(Deleted all my posts here because I get sick of people who don't know what I mean)

6. proxynx

proxynx New Member

hes asking if OoT can be remade into a ds game
    not if there is a n64 on ds to play OoT

7. yoshi2889

(Deleted all my posts here because I get sick of people who don't know what I mean)

8. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

He's talking about an official remake by nintendo, not an emulator or some kind of converter. The DS is in some ways more powerful than the N64, so it could be possible. Please read things more carefully, and don't comment when you're not sure what you're talking about.

9. yoshi2889

The N64 is more Powerful as the DS..? And it is possible if Nintendo makes a DS card: Ocarina Of Time, The (like mine R4 would say...) Or a converter, if there are some, i think not...

10. Fredbox

I despair...

11. DonkeyKong7

DonkeyKong7 New Member

Why does everyone keep saying it's impossible for N64 games to be a NDS/Dslite/DSI?
    It's a REMAKE...If you still think it can't. What about Super MarioDS? It's a Remake of the complete game!
    With improved graphics,more characters and even minigames ;)

But, i think Oot will be a problem ;D

But DonkeyKong 64 can be played...if they made it.
    Honestly i would buy DonkeyKongDS :p

12. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

yoshi just doesn't get how, that's all....

13. yoshi2889

You are surely not my favorite RomUlation member... And i do get it!

14. Fredbox

No, you don't...

15. yoshi2889

16. Fredbox

I'm not, I just mean you don't seem to be understanding what we're all saying.

17. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Anybody could go from scratch and remake any game for the DS. It's inevitable that things would be lost in the process, though (eg controls, graphics, etc), and nobody wants to spend the time and effort required.

Nintendo wouldn't want to tarnish OoT's good name with a poor (and unnecessary) remake, anyway.

18. Fredbox

The only thing lost would be the controls, but that's a big problem, so yeah, they wouldn't bother. Mario 64 DS was great, possibly better than the original, but only because they managed to get the controls (kind of) sorted. With OoT that would be a problem.

19. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

As some of you guys said earlier: the controls are the problem. That`s all. It`s Technical feasible to remake this Zelda-episode on the DS. Well, I hope they go for it some day, and remake some N64 classics.

20. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

No, you don't. They're talking about doing exactly what Nintendo did to Super Mario 64 - remaking the game from the ground up for DS. Nobody said anything about N64 emulators (of which there are none) or .n64 to .nds converters (of which there are also none).

And I didn't like OoT.