1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Legend Of Zelda 2 SPIRIT TRACKS on Nds/dsi

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by sf1215, Aug 31, 2009.

1. sf1215

sf1215 Well-Known Member

i really liked the first one and can't wait for the second

2. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

It's gonna be fun... not sure how the whole train thing is gonna work, since trains are on set rails.... wish they'd stop using the cartoony looking link though, makes it all too childish looking for me

3. tevak

tevak Well-Known Member

Its not cartoony, it an art style. (cel-shaded. look it up.) I was disappointed by phantom hourglass, and the train mechanic isn't going to help. I mean come on, that's a little too advanced for hyrule, don't you think? /and the fact that link is a royal messenger boy is pretty bad too. They need to drop the stealth mechanic like the one that was used in temple of the ocean king and make the gameplay more like the console zeldas. they know they can, so why won't they?

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I wish they'd go back to the same style as Link's Awakening or Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

The 2d Zeldas are the best Zelda games in my mind. Phantom Hourglass did not tickle my fancy as I had to go through the temple of the ocean king too many times, and I prefer the old way and view that the older 2d Zelda had.

I don't mind the train so much, because there were Steam boats in hourglass and Windwaker, which means there's the tech for trains. But I don't like the statue thing.

I'd like another alternate world, just like in Oracles of Ages/seasons or OoT, or something that changes the environment like in Seasons. I always felt that it kept the world fresh each time.

If it's too much repetition like Phantom Hourglass, I'm passing.

5. tevak

tevak Well-Known Member

the oracles were the best. but the boats in wind waker were normal boats...

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The bombships and Beedle's Shop did not have sails, it's safe to assume they were steam powered. Also If I remember right, Beedle's Shop had smoke stack.

7. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

I am playing it one way or another.

But like our friend wrote.

I dont want another cave to come back the whole game.
    At the same time I dont want to get on one area and never return to it.

Ocarina was the best in that point ._.

8. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Yeah I remember a smoke stack on some ship... not sure if it was beedles

9. sf1215

sf1215 Well-Known Member

i agree with whoever said that they were playing it one way or another and i am dtermined to beat it no matter how bad it is or how bad the graphics are

10. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I have no problems with the Phantom's controls or graphics, one thing that bothered me was the lack of much to do apart from the main quests and I didn't really care much for the ship parts collecting, things were most interesting and useful in Ages/Seasons with ring collections to me.

Spirit Tracks should be good, but i'm expecting it will be too samey to Phantom Hourglass =(.

If it has a multiplayer I hope its better than that crappy thing they did with hourglass, they could do something much better with it, I don't see why they feel the need to match it with one player adventure imo.

11. jadster 1996

jadster 1996 Well-Known Member

I,personally,am happy that they made a sequel though I still hate the kiddy look and I hated the controls,but from what I understood from the pics it will have cooler enemies and other improvements......
    I am looking forward to it,though....

12. rileyb93

rileyb93 Member

I really thought i would hate a stylus controlled zelda, but the big n pulled off the controls perfectly. im glad the games are top down like the game boy and s/nes ones. but i would have to say it was the easiest zelda game ive played, but got frustrating going to that temple like 10 times. if spirit tracks is the same thing (looks like it so far) i will be very pleased!

13. Shiokazu

Shiokazu Well-Known Member

^ are you nuts? i dont liked having to go to the TOK all those times, frankly,that was a pretty kick on the ass.

im realy hoping for a old good zelda style,i dont mind much,i just want to explore,and to do down in the dungeons beating huge bosses. thats what i want from a zelda game. why they dont do something like the GBA/GBC SNES zeldas?

14. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

well phantom hourglass was kind of like that with the top down view, just with improved graphics, and you don't have to move square by square.