1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Legend of Dragoon ... won't run at all!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by faune, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faune

faune Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm using ePSXe v 1.7.0, bios (scph1001), video (Pete's D3D Driver 1.77), sound (Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41), trying to run The Legend of Dragoon disc 1. Upon loading, screen stays black for a few moments, and then I get an error: "ePSXe has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..." I've tried running the game from the actual disc, from an ISO I made using a full version of MagicISO, and I've also downloaded a copy from RomU, and I get the same results for all of them! This is one of my favourite games, any help would be appreciated..

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I assume you're using Vista then?

3. faune

faune Well-Known Member

Yes, running Vista on an Inspirion 1545, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 (graphics card).

4. meganova

Try switch your graphic plugin to Pete's OpenGL2 Driver.

5. faune

faune Well-Known Member

Okay, I tried Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77 and Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9. The first one stuck my resolution to it's minimum and I actually got to see the white screen giving credit to Sony, but it wouldn't load beyond that point.. when I tried to click something, it error'd. The second one was the same result as the others I've tried.

6. meganova

Hmm...
    Try click "Nice" buttom at the bottom left of Pete's OpenGL Driver settings.
    If it still not working, try select the "Fast" button.

7. faune

faune Well-Known Member

Okay, so I tried P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.18 on normal settings and Pete's D3D Driver 1.17, Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77, Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77, and Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 all on normal, nice and fast settings, still the same result. I've tried both .bin and .iso files for this game. I've tried using ePSXe 1.6.0 as well as 1.7.0, no significant difference. I've been able to play Final Fantasy VII and Chrono Cross without any trouble.

This is really frustrating because I recall playing LOD on ePSXe (from the disc) years ago on a computer much older than this, so I don't understand.. >_<

8. meganova

I forgot to mention that, there is a Special Game Fixes for, LOD in Pete's OpenGL settings, try it. ;D
    Who know if it works.

9. faune

faune Well-Known Member

Re: The Legend of Dragoon ... won\'t run at all!

Still nothing. x__x It's stupid 'cos I know I've played LOD using ePSXe before.. should I try another emulator?

EDIT: Finally got it working, using bios SCPH7502 made all the difference. How dumb! ;U Thanks for all your help. :)

10. meganova

Haha....
    .....-_-"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.