1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Last Airbender movie

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by kazroc, Sep 17, 2010.

1. kazroc

kazroc Well-Known Member

To everyone that has seen the last airbender movie what did you think of it?
    and would you recommend it for others to see?

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I didn't like it.

3. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

I don't reccomend it. i had more fun walking around in a circle

4. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

yea :'(

5. F1restar

F1restar New Member

I do not recommend it. To me the acting is not very good, and the speech and scenes were clearly rehearsed. Some of the background scenes were rubbish... although I liked the graphics and effects

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Movies tend to have rehearsed scenes lol

7. F1restar

F1restar New Member

I meant clearly rehearsed as in they look like they are remembering the lines and sometimes doing very small actions that might be prone in a public speech or whatever...

8. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

It made M. Night Shamalyan a laughingstock.

Yes, THAT M. Night Shamylan, the one who did THE SIXTH SENSE.

Honestly though, I didn't know what to expect when a Drama/Mystery film master took on an action-based americanime.

9. sylar1000

XD, i must be the only one who didn't really mind the movie, it wasn't that bad t me

10. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

the movie was a disgrace. Why did they get that douche Shaymamalamalamlam? He's crazy o_O

11. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

how much did M. Night pay you to say that?

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

it seems its a good idea to stay away from it back then, now everyone confirm it, i wont even touch it with a 1,000,000 foot pole.

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I may watch it if I'm REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bored. :p

14. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Best way for me to put this.
    I tried watching Speed Racer (the new movie) for shits and giggles since I knew it was shit compared to the series, My god I had issues watching it it was that bad. Same deal with avatar.

15. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

Hey the last air bender was a great movie. Me and my friends made fun of the whole movie when it was showing during the theaters. When we started making fun of that movie, people in the theater were joining us and we got the whole theater to laugh at the horrible movie and boo it. It also reminded me of Dragon Ball evolution movie were the whole theater was empty during the 2nd day of release, so me and my friends started playing tag during the movie. Ahh good times

16. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

The Last Airbender made him a laughing stock?

He hasn't made a decent movie since Unbreakable... in 2000. He's been a punchline waaaaay before this.

17. sylar1000

I also liked Dragonball Evolution :)

I'm a fan of any movie related to things i like, plus i don't pay for them so i can't really complain

18. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

Well I particularly do not like anything directed by Shamylan (however you spell his name), since he made UNBREAKABLE. This movie alone was well enough, but he had to screw up along the way and step on nothing but horse manure. If you have any of his movies I'd suggest you recycle them to the nearest recycling center as soon as possible.

19. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Wanna watch a disgrace to anime?

ASTRO BOY: THE AMERICAN CGI MOVIE

What's bad:

- Dr. Elephant has a f*cking australian accent

-Astro BOY sounds like a f*cking teenager

-It's AMERICAN

-It's CGI

-It's NOT based on any of Tezuka's original plots

-There's ONLY FUCKING FOUR charachters from the original anime (Astro/Toby, Tenma, Elefun, Hamegg)

- Astro Boy the robot has a FUCKING LOVE INTEREST that's a human

- He sounds TWICE AS OLD AS HER

- It has retarded British robots

- The plot is pretty much as generic as it gets. There's good and bad orbs. Astro's Got the good orb, random killer robot with no memorable features #57 has the bad one. Astro sacrifices himself to beat the bad one. He lives anyway. YAY.

F*cking disgrace to Tezuka...

20. sylar1000

You sure it isn't japanese olololol

trollface.jpg