1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The ipod on R4 DS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adnan1992, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

I've heard that you can put an ipod like software on your DS. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how i could put it on my R4 and what id does and all.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ipod-like? You mean grossly over-hyped and DRM locked to a crappy propietory format?

3. Adnan1992

:( I don't know. It's just hersay from my friends

4. mysticaloctopus

mysticaloctopus Well-Known Member

I know what he means. LMP-NG is a DS mp3 player that looks like an ipod and mimics the wheel thingy with the touchscreen. I prefer to use Moonshell, but only because I couldn't get LMP-NG to load that delicious steampunk skin.

Player in .nds format for R4 on rapidshare, run it like a normal ROM
    http://rapidshare.com/files/81247270/lmp-ng-1.02.nds

Skins from Here but good luck making them work

5. Adnan1992

Do you know if it would work on an R4?

6. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

If he says "for R4", I think it will work on the R4...

7. Adnan1992

woops! sorry. Thats my ignorance :D

8. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that basically describes the iPod.

9. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

I got one for Christmas...
    It crashed 25 times within 24 hours of playing it :(

10. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

if speding money on a decent one creative zen all the way

11. Loonylion

:O not even mine is that bad. I had to hack the firmware to stop it crashing though.

12. equitypetey

ipod has alot of crashing probs and can even crash pc's when transfering viewing pictures as insted of just reading the file it converts to its own format/size and also has to make another little jpeg for that crappy scroll thing.

13. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

My iPod crashes occasionally and my old one just went out altogether, forcing me to send it back to Apple for a replacement.

14. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

here is a far much better solution, get an ipod.

15. Loonylion

Here is an even better one: Don't get an ipod, get a decent mediaplayer

16. DemonHeadx

DemonHeadx Well-Known Member

-- Long Story --
    I can say that ipods are really not that great. When the ipods first came out, i got one. It was good then, and it had alot of hacks for the buttons under the screen. Then the 4g came out and i got it because it was new :D (sorry i am kinda a label ho ... ) Then my sister got a nano, and my little freakin 6 year old bro got a nano ( he even has a cell phone >.< ) my dad has a video ipod too. All of them crash, but they all still work >.< my first ipod has roxbox :D..

Then i got a zune because everyone in my 6th period said they were going to get it,( turns out all their parents said no lol) But it was WAY WAY better then a ipod. same thing as a ipod but no touch wheel, bigger screen though, and customizable. WITH a built in radio :p

-- Short Story --

Zune ftw
    ipod ftl

17. jadin72

jadin72 Well-Known Member

I agree with loonylion, get a decent mp3 player. Too many bad experiences with iPods.

18. Loonylion

meh I wouldn't touch the ipod or the zune. I currently have an S-Media GP2000 (AKA cocopod) and its mostly fine. If I was going for a new one I'd probably get an iriver.

19. equitypetey

why doesnoone listen to me if you want the best player you can get creative zen players they are cheper then ipod sony and others but are proven to have the best quality sound and easy/fast to use as they have better compatability with more audio file then the others and you can just drag and drop files rather then having to sync it with some cruddy software.
    think about it they are the people who make the best pc soundcards they know quite a bit about sound

20. Adnan1992

Yeah but compared, the zen are really chunky. I don't think their so fashionable