1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Future Of Nintendo Handhelds

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by TheFreakinDuck, Apr 16, 2011.

1. TheFreakinDuck

TheFreakinDuck Well-Known Member

I'm still saving up the money for a 3DS but I have to say, after everything I've seen and read about for the new handheld, I'm a little curious. Is it even humanly possible for Nintendo to ehance or improve upon the 3DS? What do you think, if anything, could Nintendo do to make the next big handheld in two years?

2. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

Of course the 3DS can be enhanced (graphically at least). The 3DS marks the age of 3D handhelds for Nintendo. Nintendo of course will add new features to the 3DS eventually, but there's no way they're going to release a whole new handheld in just two years...

3. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Yes, it is possible for Nintendo to enhance the 3DS. Though, they have no short term plans for any upgrades to the 3DS, as they've apparently fit the system as best they could in its sleek design.

They don't release their "big" handhelds that often. Their next handheld will probably be around 2017.
    If you mean updated versions like the GBA SP and DSlite, then probably a slimmer design, more memory, bigger screen and small features in general.

4. TheFreakinDuck

TheFreakinDuck Well-Known Member

Well I'm curious to hear everyone's ideas of what they speculate the next installment, 2017 or otherwise, could feature.

Like potentially go the way of the iPhones with downloadable everyday applications.

5. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Movable portable holograms like in Iron Man.

6. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I wonder if 3+ screens would exist?