1. This forum is in read-only mode.

the flute..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deank27, Oct 8, 2009.

1. deank27

deank27 Well-Known Member

ok... so i recieved the flute from school today. but i cant seem to make a sound come!!! if its just the head joint alone i can make it easily but once i attach it to the rest of the parts, making the sound was a whole lot harder (to me not even a single sounds came out..) can anyone gimme advice on where to put my lips or how to blow it to make sounds? ty

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Maybe something is blocking it-even a hard blow should make something come out.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Are you blowing into it? Cause that's not how it works. It's like making noise with a bottle, blow over top of the hole.

4. deank27

no there wasnt anything blocking it. i did blow over top of the hole but only wind comes out :'(

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

blow gently across the hole, and you need to use the buttons to make notes.

6. deank27

well thats most of the problem T_T when i press the buttons i dont even hear anything.. i asked my brother if anything was broken but he said no

7. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

What type of flute is it? In Elementary, we use a bamboo flute, and my friend had a problem like your description. Is the blow hole still fixed in? have you dropped it recently?

8. deank27

its just the normal flute and i never dropped it. search flute in google

9. kyogreblue

kyogreblue Well-Known Member

do you have a cleaner that came with the flute? its like a long instrument that you can place a piece of cloth in and enter it in the flute to clean it try that and see ok

10. DeathL0cke

DeathL0cke Member

I think you need to put the mouthpiece near your upper chin (to the side of course.) Then try blowing :)

11. deank27

OK i finally figured it out.. sorry for the trouble xD i just needed to do a steady hard blow xD realized didnt blow hard enough