1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Final Destination 4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonairma, Sep 25, 2009.

1. jonairma

jonairma Well-Known Member

Have you all watched The Final Destination?
    I have, the movie was great

2. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Nope, how great is it compared to its predecessors? :)

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

My belief is that all new horror/gore movies are genuine crap.

This is definitely not the exception.

Hell, Final Destination lost itself. The first ones were made to make the most ridiculous deaths of all time (arm landing on a BBQ pops up in my mind), the first ones were more of a horror mashed with comedy. The older ones were kinda B-movie ish, it's one of those cases where it's so bad it's good.

4. jonairma

jonairma Well-Known Member

Kamuikurou, where are you from?
    US?
    How old are you?
    Your English is very good

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I don't get where Final Destination 4's story/plot is coming from?

1 & 2 where obviously connected with Claire from 1 being in two. But with three the connection was a bit vague & now Final Destination 4? It's just like Urban Legends 2: Final Cut, there isn't any clear connection aside from the story that killers in both used Urban Legends as their Modus Operandi in killing their victims. Unless of course Final Destination 4 has a plot twist towards the end like Urban Legends 2 somewhere along the story that will tie it with FD 1 & 2, I really didn't consider FD 3 a genuine sequel, more of milking the franchise IMHO.

6. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

It's a good movie,
    The movie has many many excise of bodies, or crash things :p
    But I prefer the 3rd one that had roller coaster.

7. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

These movies have mad me afraid of airplanes, nailguns, PVC Pipes, electricity, explosive hospital rooms, new vans, barbecues, bath tubs, chinese food, logs that are poorly strapped to trucks, roller coasters and toilet water... jeez, even I'm calling myself a wuss right now... might see 4 though (forgot tanning beds and workout equipment)

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@kuyochan: Sorry for the uber late reply :(

Anyway, yes yes the deaths are awesome as I too love that kind of violence in a movie but my point is the story doesn't seem to be connected to the original two, unless of course you put into account any reference or mention of the people &/or events that were on the first 2.

And yes I haven't seen Final Destination 4 yet.