1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The "Fear thread"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

No, this isn't a game, this is a light discussion of fear. Everyone is afraid of something, though some hide the fact because they're afraid that being honest with your fears is a sign of weakness or un-coolness. I for one don't, & in fact, I believe that openly discussing your fear/s is a healthy way of approaching it. The only time a fear is unhealthy is if it hinders you from being a functional being.

As for myself, I can't stand creepy crawlies, worms (both types, earthworms & parasitic worms) , spiders, some bugs, centipedes, milipedes, maggots & especially leeches :p . But it's more of a disgusted of fear, not scared of fear.

I'm also a bit scared of the dark, but that's becasuse of a strange "supernatural" experience I had days after my grams died involving a pair of fireflies that always flew in formation that seem to never die even after I swat them good.

So, how about you guys?

2. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Shoudnt this be on general discussion?? BTW falling!!

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Well I posted this here because it felt light & a bit not so important, but I'll let the higher ups decide if this should be moved.

4. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

People say its a fear of hights but realisticly im terified of falling!!

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

It's not a fear of heights if you enjoy going to high places. Also staring down from a high place can also be a phobia if you can't do it.

Here's another of my phobias, walking on rope bridges, especially old ricketty ones suspended on gorges.

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Only heights and boredom, I have no other fears.... And i'm not kidding, boredom scares me...

7. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

I fear failure. That's all...

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Failure. Bumblebees. And Praying Mantises, which scare the shit out of me. Cahos, they always have those bridges on movies, you know for certain that someone is going to be in danger on it :p

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Well I've actually had the horrifying opportunity to cross on one when I was a kid & it really scares me to this day.

10. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Actually, i'm scared of anything bad happening to my family...

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's not technically a phobia cj, almost everyone feels that.

12. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It is a phobia,
    I couldn't imagine what i'd do if anything happened to them...

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's normal with most people cj. Like while I was on my week long absence, my mom & Godmom kept on SMSing me every 3 hours or so. That's just you concerned for their well being.

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It's not very normal in America and the UK as much anymore, alot of people are too selfish

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

OK, let's not get into cultural discussions or disputes again..

Anyway, in my opinion that's fine as long as it doesn't hinder your work or personal affairs.

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I'm a bit worried about exams, does that count?

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

18. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Not really a fear cj. I'm still worried that my brother will die too soon from smoking, or racing in his Charade with turbo.

19. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

Giant f***ing spiders man, with their ugly hairy legs!!! :-[

20. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Ooh, the most common irrational fear, classic ;D

I'm scared that I get a bit too obcessed with fire