1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Fall of ROM sites?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 94dan, Nov 15, 2007.

1. 94dan

94dan Active Member

Or, at least DS ROMs.

Really, Dash-Roms is down, Frozen Roms is down, DGEmu isn't updating (They said they're not in any trouble, but so did you)

I know your circumstance and all, but man, what a coincidence that all of 'em are down at the same time.

This really doesn't look good... Eh, you guys are still here, as long as you stay up, we're... Safe, I guess.

Yer still the Number One place to get ROMs, even though your downloads pages are down.

2. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

I guess we are relying on torrents and free upload sites for a few months but Im sure after 3+ months(or well after the holiday rush) the pressure will be off and every1 will change there internet names and change the name of the websites and restart doing it.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

yeah seems too much to just be a coincidence, im fine with useing torrents lol i practically live off them! but torrent sites are going down too, tried logging into demoniod lately?

4. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

yea atleast we can ask for stuff here most other place forbid posting links to roms....

5. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

I think we'll manage for now ;)
    The trading section seems to be doing well, so there shouldn't be a problem for now ;D

6. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ agreed, the community here has answered the call and is pretty much unshaken by not having DL's, everything is available as it was before and a request will soon see something uploaded. Shows that the ESA really are wasting thier time.

Well put, Almo. I've been very impressed with how well RomUlation has held up.

7. clugenheim

clugenheim Well-Known Member

I'm starting up a rom site. I'm not going to post it here, because it probably isn't allowed. It's quite shit right now. All it is, is a wordpress blog. =P But as quickly as sites go down, more will come up. You are right though. Seems everyone is trying ti take down all the illegal websites, with Demonoid, OiNK, and all these rom sites doing down. Not to mention all the ISPs blocking bittorrent traffic. >=(

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

They really shouldn't be doing that, bittorrent has a lot of legitimate uses. World of Warcraft downloads its patches via bittorrent, and I know of at least one OS that updates via bitorrent.

9. Rockstar99

Rockstar99 Well-Known Member

Hail megaupload and the others! I think thats whats keeping this site going until someone can think of some way to get everything running again!

10. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

lol whos the funny bugger who edited my post instead of posting....

11. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Well i guess Winterreise was too lazy to :p

12. Reider

Reider Modereider

Knowing him, he probably hit the modify button instead of the quote button and didn't realize it :p

I'm taking a screenshot to make sure I can harass him with it later.

As far as the topic goes, I doubt ROM sites will ever truly disappear, for each one they shut down, there's usually about 3 or 4 to take its place within a couple weeks. It's rather pointless to try and stop it, but I guess I can't blame them for trying.

13. Patton

Patton Guest

Don't worry guys,
    We're working around the clock to get the Roms back online at full force.
    Never doubt that they will not come back ;D

14. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ and thats why we love you.

15. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Rom site is like Phoenix, they cant die, when they dead, they will revive from the ashes after awhile.

16. JulioVanPeebles

JulioVanPeebles New Member

Amen, there's been about 4-5 sites that i've seen go down or downsized but about the same and more come up, so it's about even from what I have seen. Long live Rom/emu sites & M3Real!!!