1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The DS won't save! Help please!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ZeroSlayer01, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroSlayer01

ZeroSlayer01 Well-Known Member

Hello. I'm kind of new to all of this...so um...I was wondering if I could get some help. I have other problems too, so if you have any idea of how to make a Dreamcast emulator work, please message me...

...but this is about the DS. I have the No$GBA version of the DS/GBA...and two games for the DS, Pokemon Diamond and Final Fantasy XII, Revenant Wings. Now, for some reason I can't save/load save files...

Here's what I mean. It seems like Diamond only has one save file. I save, then try to access it, and end up having to start over from scratch. It doesn't even come up that I've ever saved...and for FF, it has 2 save files. I saved in one and tried to pull it up, but it said it was corrupt and deleted it. I managed to come up with what I believe to be a temporary solution, so long as I don't get a game over or anything and can keep doing this, by saving in two slots, but it keeps deleting one of them...

For it I have the configuratin settings and the .INP file, and two empty folders, Slots and Battery...There's also an empty SNAP.

Am I missing something or do I need to change the settings or something? Help's appreciated!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Update to NO$GBA 2.6a and No$Zoomer.
    You can find info and links in the Common Issues topic.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. ZeroSlayer01

ZeroSlayer01 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that you were kind enough to help me, and to provide such a helpful link too! And what's even better, it worked! I think...

I'm going to see what else I might need to know may be in that thread. Thank you so much!

4. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Since you're using no$gba.... you might want to read this
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=31241.0

Since you have no$gba and no$zoomer already, try to download firmware.bin, that file bypass the Anti-Piracy protection in DS games.

5. wbslider

wbslider Guest

Yer some problems that might course this include your firmware updates

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

That person use emulator, so no need about firmware updates.

7. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

well there is a well known glitch with no$gba, the main problem is that not always and not for all games it will write the battery file, so all you need to do to fix the problem, is that after you save go to:

file>Chose one of the loading options>select your rom again.

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Everyone seems to have forgotten that the problem was fixed by using No$GBA 2.6a and No$Zoomer.

9. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

no$Gba still has the problem for quite a few GBA games and some DS games, much lesser, and not everyody can use no$zoomer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.