1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Disk is write-protected. Remove the write-protection

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chukapi, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chukapi

chukapi Guest

I just download a game and when i copy it to my sd card it's says The disk is write-protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk. do i need to buy a new card reader and a new sd card?

OOpps There is no switch around the card reader either..

2. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Right click on the file that is wright protected and click on 'properties'.... There should be a box that is checked of that says 'read-only'.... Un check the box and click 'apply'.... that should take off the warning.....

3. chukapi

chukapi Guest

tried it.. there is no check on the box.. i guess i need to buy a new one.. darn

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It should show...what OS is on your pc?

5. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

mds64, he's not saying there's no box, he's just saying it's not ticked.
    chukapi, before you just buy a new card, try backing up everything on the card to your PC and then format it (the card)(Don't format your PC!!).

6. sparxxraps

sparxxraps Well-Known Member

ive had that same thing happen to me a few times. formatting the sd card has always worked for me.

7. chukapi

chukapi Guest

Maybe i should try formatting my card.. thanks for reply.. i'll inform you if it works.

8. flyingninjamonkey

flyingninjamonkey New Member

does it have that lock thing on it unlock it and it will work

9. chukapi

chukapi Guest

i tried formatting but it doesn't allow me to.. the disk is write protected it says.. there is no lock! i'll just buy a new one and a card reader.. thanks for all your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.