1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The difference between...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by delirious_monkey, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Sorry if this is already out there, I'm new to emulators of any kind. I have the latest version of no$gba and have played through Pokemon White(NDS File) on it, lots of fun, but I'm trying to play Dragon Quest IX now and can't seem to find an NDS file, all I see are .rar files. Any suggestions?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

extract the rar file with winrar.

3. It's not compressed and doesn't have an extract option, looks like:
    [​IMG]

4. Loonylion

it is compressed. rar files are compressed archives. you need to download and install winrar from www.rarlab.com and extract it.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Yep it says

Type RAR file

As Loonylion says install winrar then extract file from compressed arcive.

6. Okay, thank you for the help. Never seen a compressed folder without the zipped folder icon. But why is it in Spanish? I mean game play is in Spanish, plays fine but both downloads -- Rom and WinRar -- were in English, so what gives?

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

RAR is a special compression made by third parties. You need to dowload and install their software to extract the files.
    If the game is in Spanish, you probably downloaded the Spanish version. If you want to play in English, download a USA version of the ROM (check the region before you download).

8. This is the link that I downloaded the rom from, it doesn't state what language clearly, but it does say Region is USA: https://www.romulation.org/NDS/5075-Dragon-Quest-IX-Sentinels-of-the-Starry-Skies-%28U%29%28M3%29.rar/
    What else could it be?
    Post Merge: [time]1349486160[/time]
    Okay, i have tried several different downloads, even finding a .zip version, uninstalling WinRar, and extracting with my PC's default extract tool, and the damn game still comes out in Spanish... Any help would be appreciated.

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

It will probably be the language setting of your flashcard or emulator.
    Change those and it will be a-okay.

10. I have no$gba downloaded and as I've said I played Pokemon white just fine, I am not sure where to change the language on my emulator but as far as I know, it is only in English. I have checked all the options on the emulator itself and tried to look through the menu in game play to see if there was a language option there, but there is not. None of the files I've checked through in the no$gba folder have any other language indicators besides English.

11. Loonylion

pokemon white likely only contains one language, which is english. The dragon quest ix rom is M3, which means it contains 3 languages (probably english, french and spanish). You will need to choose the correct language in the emulator settings for it to play in that language.

12. Can anyone with no$gba point me in the direction of where to find the language setup, because as I've said already, I have not found that in the limited emulator options to choose from...
    Post Merge: [time]1349564935[/time]
    I just tried the following on this thread http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=12421 up to the point about changing the language in the BIOS, but as far as the encryption stuff they said, I have no idea. I'm having the same problem with that crashing as the other guy is.
    Post Merge: [time]1349565452[/time]
    Well, I just downloaded Desmume, or w/e and got the language thing to work, so thank you everyone for your help and patience.