1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The death of games consoles?

Discussion in 'General News' started by msg2009, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/blog/article/9173/

i cant see it myself

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

3. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Onlive, isn't that thing gonna use a crapload of bandwidth? Seems like it will be hard to stream high end games

4. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

I dont care if this comes in the way, I love consoles

5. m3xicanjo3

m3xicanjo3 Well-Known Member

it will crash and burn like the "phantom console" they wont b able to produce i think sony nintendo and microsoft would laugh at this paper its a joke and wont last if it ever gets off the ground

6. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Ha, ive seen this before. Obviously itll have huge lag at some points because of the servers.

7. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

If they do, the servers will be overloaded all day.

Gameconsoles do not use servers (only at online things), so they do not get overloaded easily.

Too, how do we play? Controllers are different.
    Post Merge: [time]1268336737[/time]
    So do I. They are PERSONAL. Servers are NOT personal, they are used by other persons.

Then we cannot play a game personal :(
    And we are continuesly disturbed by the "Someone wants to play with you" messages as in online games (I think).

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Xbox Live goes down almost every Christmas, due to how many people are trying to get on it.

Anything like OnLive is doomed to fail as of now. It's not viable, especially since there's a lot of areas that can't get anything but dial-up, and everyone doesn't have super fast internet.

I don't think the servers will be overloaded everyday, I'm sure the beta servers went down a couple of times, I think they're using the beta as an estimate of how much hosts/servers they need.

They'll use PC versions of games, so no Nintendo, Sony, or 360 only games. It'll either use a Keyboard + Mouse or use a controller.

I don't understand your last part but okay.
    And no if you don't want those messages, just turn them off.

I think if you're playing online on OnLive it'll be hell, it's streaming the game AND the online component.

9. yoshi2889

The Wii games are hard at the PC: How do you do a attack in Super Mario Galaxy?

10. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Its a fail. Point taken yoshi

11. yoshi2889

Hehe

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

onlive.... it sound like whats pandora is before it get scraped. (or so i heard)

13. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

New Old News again. Probably the 1000th time someone tries to state this trying to form a opinion or be cutting edge.

14. NeoMagicwarrior

NeoMagicwarrior Active Member

even if this launches, a lack of 3rd party support will undoubtedly kill it.

15. MissMarlo

MissMarlo Well-Known Member

I doubt it. A lot of people like to play games offline as well. Plus, if you don't have a constant connection, it won't work. I like my systems to work when the internet is down. Gives me something to do.

16. yoshi2889

^A really good reason.
    Even for the people who do not have internet, how do they play any game?
    Even if the connection is interrupted, the game will stop.

No, this will not work.

17. there are so many reasons why this "thing" can't work it would need servers that you compare to the ones at the CIA just to keep a small part of North America working what would it need to keep the world online??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.