1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Dark Spire map problem

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by nohope, Jun 29, 2010.

1. nohope

nohope Member

Just to be clear, I'm talking about this game:
    https://www.romulation.org/NDS/3652_-_The_Dark_Spire_(U)(Xenophobia).rar.html/

The game is easy to learn so far, but I don't understand how the auto-map works... If you hit the Y button while in the dungeon, it brings up a map that shows all the areas you've explored on that level. Only problem is: it doesn't show where your party is currently at on the map!

I was thinking that the white triangle labelled "Location" in the list of symbols on the top screen would be used to represent your party's location, but that symbol is not used anywhere on the bottom map... I even tried toggling the "Location" option in the settings menu from "map" to "coord", but that didn't make any noticeable difference...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or maybe my PCs need some special ability before it will show where they're at?

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

As far as I know your doing nothing wrong its how the game is I wished it did show where you are on the map, but like yourself I couldn't get anything to work for it.

Best thing I can say is hope you have good memory of how the floor lays out, or get some graph paper and go "old school dungeons and dragons" and draw it out as you go (one step is a block on the paper ;))

3. nohope

nohope Member

Ah, I figured out what the purpose of that white triangle is. One of my characters (the mage) has the spell "Visum Situs" that brings up the map screen, but this time the location icon is in the right position. :)

Once you exit the map screen though, the icon is gone and you have to cast the spell again. So it's useful in case you get really lost, but that's about it.