1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Dark Knight (spoiler warning!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Jul 28, 2008.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

I watch it the other day, it was supprisingly well done, its as good if not better then Batman Begin.

I'm most impress with Joker, its the best joker that i ever saw, its almost the like the joker in the comic and cartoon, although i wish he have a better makeup....

the other thing i also like is the makeup of Two-Face, its much better then the Two-Face from the Batman and Robin......

by the way....i though Barbra gordon was suppose to be Dective Gordon's daughter....not his wife....unless he also name her daughter after his wife.....

i cant wait for them to make a 3rd movie i want to see Catwoman, Penguin, Robin (Dick Greysons) and Batgirl (Barbra Gordon) in action ^_^

2. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

joker's make up was great

barbAra gordon XD yeah supposed to be bat girl

the movie was too long for me there were some dead parts but I guess it couldn't have done without them, the movie was epic nevertheless

Villans I'd like to see in a batman movie soon is Killer Croc and Clayface. To some extent riddler would be nice but he would always be overshadowed by joker since they're of the same mold

Penguin is boring based on the comics :p

3. calvin_0

i hope Detective Gordon name his daughter after his wife....then we will have Batgirl ^_^

ya the movie is long, i think its a 3 hours movie....

4. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Yah, I saw it the other day it wasn't better that Batman Begins but still a very interesting movie... joker was very well fitted for his show. I doubt that Batgirl or those other heroes might make their appearance. Robin can likely be an expection.

5. Void

Void Well-Known Member

The Dark Knight was awesome, I've seen it twice so far. When Heath Ledger died I could only think "get over it, people" but after seeing his performance as the Joker, I'm thoroughly impressed. Hilarious at times [SPOILER; the pencil trick, followed up by the "here's my card."], just damn creepy at others [SPOILER; Ex: when Batman is beating the shit out of him in the interrogation room. After slamming his head into the glass window, he gives him another slam to the head and the Joker just starts fucking laughing. So sick. I swear, my hairs were standing up.]

Not to belittle other's performances, though. Christian Bale was amazing, as always. Also, "Why So Serious" off the Dark Knight Soundtrack is intense. Definitely worth a listen, - http://youtube.com/watch?v=fB5tbTpQvsM - This movie isn't my favorite movie, there's several others I hold above it, but the film truly is a masterpiece, and, well, Ledger went out with a bang. I wish he could see the intensity and success of this film.

Oh no. If there's a God, he won't let this happen. ._.

PS - 152 min runtime, according to IMDB.

6. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

I really liked the film, currently I'm debating about going to see it at a local IMAX just for the experience.

From what I've read the chances of Robin showing up in a film are very slim at best, supposedly the writer/director really doesn't like the character so Batman could end up solo throughout this whole run of movies.

7. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Does anyone like Robin? I mean, he was killed in the comic afters fans voted on his death -- Robin has always been a crappy character. No decent movie will ever include him, unless they totally revamp him and, you know, not call him Robin.

8. ricky_

ricky_ Well-Known Member

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Robin is just a lame sidekick. I respect Bale even more now. Anyone seen that movie where it had Val Kilmer or something, and Robin was in it? And then there was a sequel or something and there was a batgirl in it? Seriously if they added those characters in now, I would stop watching these series of Batman movies.

10. calvin_0

batman and robin are horrible, but then only 2 of the older batman movie are good which is The Batman, and Batman Return, all the movie afterward is a joke.....a really bad one....

well i dont like the comic robin, but i love the robin in the cartoon (Batman TAS, Teen Titans and The Batman).

11. DJbruce

DJbruce Member

Yeah I saw this yesterday and it was amazing. Cant wait for it on dvd. Though the one thing that did annoy me was Christian bale when he was the batman. Sounds like he had something wrong with his throat >_<. But I got used to that after a while. Heath ledger (The joker) was great. Shame I wont get to see him in the next one if there was one :-[

12. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

the mask and suit were too tight that it distorted his voice XD

13. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

As long as you don't use me in it. :p

14. Ansem

Ansem Guest

I am going to watch Batman Dark Knight today ;D

15. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I was exoecting you to want to watch a sequel of CATwoman >.>

16. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Well, our local movie reviewer rated it 5 out of 5, so I'm mostly likely going to see it this weekend with my mates.

17. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

The reviewers on of the Australian newspaper gave it some 3 1/2 stars, likely told that this is the most fun-loved movie this year.

18. DJbruce

DJbruce Member

[​IMG]

19. Sora

Sora New Member

This is very good movie i watched it yesterday. joker was the best ;D

20. calvin_0

i watch it again yesterday, its better on the 2nd time.