1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by damanali, Apr 4, 2010.

1. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I really love that show! Its extremely funny and addictive, i have all of its episodes up to its most recent one. I'm looking forward to the next one next monday.

Who's your favorite character and your favorite episode? Mine is Sheldon the the most recent episode, the pants alternative must be the best so far.

2. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Love this program ;D

3. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

It's cringe-worthy stuff, it's like friends with the odd star wars joke thrown in.

4. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Sheldon is my favourite character as well. I don't have a favourite episode though, i have ones that i lke less than others, but no one episode sticks out in my mind as being better than the others.
    This was hilarious though

5. damanali

That was really funny, but its Howard, you should watch the one about the grasshopper episode's ending, its where penny slip a put alcohol in sheldon's cuba libre-diet version. hakaya to life i think the name of that song.

6. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I love this show
    my favorite characters Sheldon
    (<--- look below my pic)

I think my favorite episode is when Sheldon is having trouble with an equation, and leonard has to get him out of the ballpit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bpukvdbso

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I hate the show besides that they have Bridget from 8 Simple Rules and that it produced this.

8. damanali

the Infinite bazinga gag... its very funny. he is like drunk cause his head is in a infinite loop due to the massive use of his brain... if he didnt stopped there, he could have been sent to the mental hospital.

i like the part there where he worked as a bus boy and when the plate where dropped and penny asked him to pick it up he said: "I don't work here".

9. sokka101

sokka101 Well-Known Member

you gotta love raj

10. damanali

then watch epsidoe where penny's cousin paid her a visit and penny sleeps in leonard's couch

11. fdgsaoralex

fdgsaoralex Well-Known Member

it's so unfunny and cringe-worthy I felt like I actually had to come here and advise people.

If you have never seen this show, please, for your own benefit, do not watch it.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

[me=hYpNoS]heeds advice[/me]

13. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

That's just dumb. People should watch it and then make up their own minds, just because you don't like it doesn't mean that others won't. I think that it's a very good (although not brilliant) show; i can see what people mean about some scenes being "cringe worthy" though. It has good jokes and jokes that sometimes just fall on their faces just like any other sitcom. In my opinion the scenes that work and are amusing out number those that don't and aren't by a large enough margin for me to find the show entertaining, others may disagree though; and they have every right to.
    Ultimately you should make your own decision and not be influenced by others; the value of programs like this is subjective.

14. anarkissed

anarkissed New Member

I'm crazy about this show. I can relate to the characters very well. I am dead certain Sheldon has Asperger's, he's a classic example, and likely the other scientists have to some degree, it's the Nerd Syndrome I think. I find it funny from beginning to end and bought all the dvds yet available. I'll be buying this season when it comes out too.
    I can understand many folks won't get it, it's pretty intelligent humour and that means it will alienate a lot of people who just like normal stuff and normal folks. For folks who understand einstein jokes, science and the awkwardness of normal human expectations vs logic, it's priceless!

15. damanali

Good to know someone else feels that way as I am. What was your favorite episode so far? The DVD is not sold here in our country so i had to resort to download torrent copies. Also, it is featured on Jack TV but they are like not in order and they are just using both Season 1 and 2 which you can recite what they would say next. I have the most recet episode of season 3 and waiting next monday for the next episode, which will only be available on wednesday.

And yes, it is priceless.Something intelligent being discussed while still retaining comedy.

16. anarkissed

anarkissed New Member

@damanali re favorite episode: not sure, I don't really pick favorites that way, I just enjoy the moments. I have to say I loved meeting Leonard's mother though, that was a brilliant character sketch and the way she interacted with Sheldon said volumes about the friendship of these two roommates and why Sheldon is able to retain a roommate! Sheldon's mom is also kind of funny but there wasn't enough parental antecedent to explain Sheldon's ways, perhaps he gets it from his father. Dad may be one of those weird backwoods tinkerer types who obsesses over steam engines and builds mechanical toys and talks about things the folks around him just don't get. Or something like that, LOL, we need to meet him! There's a facebook page for the show and I think I read that the producers keep an eye on it, so if you have show suggestions, thats where to go.
    Sorry you have to chase it with torrents but even though it's broadcast here I still have trouble keeping up. This week they moved the time slot so I recorded an hour of BS on the dvdrecorder, but was home to view the show. The first two seasons are out on DVD anyway, you might want to order them.

17. damanali

Sheldon's father is dead according to the story line, but they seem to explain that Sheldon's parent are always fighting and maybe he got a heart attack due to that. And the fighting has made a deep impact on sheldon thats why he has issues like space, friends and superiority around him. His mother's charismatic nature also played a role for him like being so scientifical to be like a rebellion to the faith.

I really like Leonard's mother too, she and sheldon has both the same issues and they act the same even intoxicated, based on a few episodes.

Raj's character should have more roles, but recently, Howard and Raj are acting a bit of a couple even having a episode where they almost kissed and they hug a lot of times.

My least likable cast is Leslie Winkle, they just added her so there will be a girl scientist and to prevent a penny's character to base all women to be like her.

18. wxg58

wxg58 Member

Sheldon is by far my favourite, the fact that he can say all of the science jiberish without cracking up is incredible.

19. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

Love the show. Its very smart and Witty. Love Penny, Sheldon and Leonard:X Hilarious:))

20. damanali

and who would smile and laugh when sheldon gives his oscar winning smile? its like joker from the adam west series of batman.

Those 3 are the core of the show, it wont be funny if you missed those 3.