1. This forum is in read-only mode.

the best mp3/mp4 player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -a55-, May 24, 2008.

1. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

my dad offered to get me a new mp3 player and i was wondering what mp3 should i get any ideas?

2. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Zen Vision:M 60GB.

The love of my life.

3. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

it looks good how much did you pay for it

4. Void

Void Well-Known Member

It was a little over $200 (probably something like $225), if I remember correctly. A bit cheaper than the 60GB iPod video, but so much better. As a very rough estimate, I'd say that you could hold 8,500 songs in a 60GB player. If you're not going to need that much, you could always go for a cheaper player. If about half of that sounds good, there's a 30GB Zen Vision:m also.

The cool thing about the Zen, though, is being able to play mpeg / divx-avi / xvid-avi /wmv / etc, video files up to 640*480 without conversion (though I've placed a video beyond that resolution on my Zen and it plays fine also...). It's literally a 15 second drag-n-drop process, which is extremely awesome if you pirate movies and other videos. Multiple audio formats, as well as image features. It's a good player.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

don't give creative any money, they are a corrupt company. Get an iriver.

6. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I wouldn't sacrifice my choice in MP3 player because something is going on behind the scenes of the manufacturer, unless it involves some man peeing into the materials that would soon become my Zen. I can't badmouth iRiver particularly, since I'm unfamiliar with them, though.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

iPod Nano 3rd gen :) Or that newish Sandisk Sansa Fuze, not bad also.

8. Loonylion

I mean they rip consumers off. they cripple their soundcard drivers on vista to force people to upgrade to a newer card, (so features mentioned on the the box aren't actually available on vista), some of their more expensive hardware has well known flaws that they refuse to fix, and when someone tries to make more stable drivers (creative's are terrible) they sue them. Additionally their customer support is atrocious.

9. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

THE SAMSUNG P2 XD if you ever wanted the iTouch but thought it was too expensive then get the P2 it's same thing as it but cheaper, in canada i got it for bout $150.

10. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I actually heard about this case, probably on Digg. If I'm remembering correctly, the lawsuit was dropped due to mass criticism. Lots of companies do crap like that though. Look at Nintendo, or Square Enix; Try to make a fan game and you might end up in jail. It's capitalism, it's the world, it happens.

11. Loonylion

other companies send a cease and desist privately. Creative threatened him in public on a public forum.

12. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Thats cool and all but you should probably get back on topic.

Well i use my iPod Video, and no matter what anyone else says it works and i really like it.

13. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

lol really you cant exactly answer this question, cause if you think about it it's the taste you have, weither it is for style, sexyness, sleek, cool, whatever it is you should just go to BEst Buy or Future Shop or whatever shop you go to and pick the one you like.

14. yeah i need a new MP3/MP4 player too
    mines SCREWED
    and i really dont want an iPod
    because iTunes is being a total prick on my PC at the moment.

15. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

I got a 8GB Creative Zen a couple moths ago. Very nice, pretty, supports video, music, pics, radio, recording and memory card (SD). Got it for 180€. Only problem with it is that to recharge it you need the Creative recharger, otherwise it'll burn. I got the recharger for 25€. But you can always recharge in the computer.

If you're looking for a bit more memory, then get the one Void told you about.

16. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

i had a sandisk sansa e250
    good, biut dont be too rough with it... it lacks its left nut (you get it, it lacks balls) lol
    whats also good is the samsung T10. 4GB for 149 i think, comes with BLUETOOTH ZOMG