1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The age of mech suits is upon us

Discussion in 'General News' started by timmy1991, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

ok, we aren't quite there yet, but this is a good start

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39386045/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/?gt1=43001

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That's freaking sweet! :D

3. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

pretty cool, as usual I was expecting something fancy like they had in that GI Joe live action movie, now that would be awesome.

4. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Exoskeletons throughout the military in 5 years? Wow. That'll be interesting. :p

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

it still look very bulky... i think it would be a while til they achieve combat ready battle suit (like Iron Man or Kamen Rider G3)

6. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Something more like Star Craft maybe.

I find Iron-Man and Kamen Riders armors a bit "slin".
    I mean... you can't have an armor with the exact size of the human body that does the whole stuff.
    Taking in consideration the equipment pressure and the whole hydraulic system and etc.

7. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

I read something like this but it was going to be used to do heavy lifting in wreckage or helping people who are bed ridden. What I don't understand is why people urge this great technology for violence and not for good. ??

8. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

Well when the most powerful nation's in the world fight they show off who is more advanced in terms of weaponry. This thing would be used in battlefields to massacre a horde of soldiers. It kind makes me wonder if it will turn out to be like the battlesuit in "District 9."

9. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

For us, its because we are all avid gamers who wish to see big metal suits of armour fight to the death.

That said it is human nature to wish for mroe effective means of warfare. Why send in a plantoon of infintary to clear out a important target when you can just send in a couple of commando's using heavily armed battle mechs/heavy gears/battle frames/exoskeletons.

Still, i don't see why they can't just build a high powered rifle or machine gun onto this thing and set it to fire via voice command. We have the technology to do it. Ever play heavy gear 2? With todays technology we could easily make a autocannon/rifle like the ones in that game.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not needed yet I guess, it's more for strategic work than combat, why a high powered rifle might upset the suit in some form.

Right now the need for it for direct combat is low, when WW3 comes around, prehaps they might make one with flight abilities, war speeds up development times :D

11. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

japan better have Yuriko and gigantic samurai robot when WW3 happens

12. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Sorry to disappoint you ;D Nowadays, it is hard to start a WW3 as nobody wants to lose their economic status ;D It is my opinion though ;D

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I've seen this news before & it's actually quite old. The power suit was originally conceived to be used in heavy labor such as in construction or mining so people can lift things that normally would need a crane but has the mobility to go into places heavy machinery can't.

Also as I marill I said, it was also planned tobe used in aiding people who have been bed ridden or have suffered spinal injuries.

But yeah, thanks to this device as well as Asimo as a prototype, the world of Wanzers might become a reality if war mongers do decide so.

14. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I was thinking maybe the suits from avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.