1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Thank you, Romulation!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MusicAddict911, Jul 23, 2007.

1. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I've downloaded 1163.97 MB of files this week (which so means I need to order a few more micro SD cards), making good use of that $5 I gave the site, and I really really appreciate the work you guys (Seph and whoever else) put into uploading all the ROMS and ISOs on the site for us to download without charge. :D

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Our pleasure. :)

Knowing that our users appreciate our effort is a huge encouragement to continue improving the site.

3. MusicAddict911

Would it be possible to sort them by alphabetical order? Like click A, B, C, or whatever instead of having a long list with their numbers in front?

4. Seph

Oh but it already is, just Filename and then if you just want to show one letter then set that under the "Show" option.

5. MusicAddict911

Wow, I didn't even notice the "show" option. Thanks! 8)

6. xHaiTeKx

xHaiTeKx Well-Known Member

Hehe that's awesome Addict. I'm thinking about donating real soon too. :p

What's funny is that I didn't notice that show option either. :D

-TeK

7. Seph

No I know the interface is rather bad, I'm working on improving it, it's going a little slow as I'm not much of a designer but it will be better.

Here's the new search page. (thus far anyway, it's still subject to change):
    [​IMG]

Compare it to https://www.romulation.org/downloads/search.php

8. MusicAddict911

Looks good but why not include a small search box on the top of every page in the downloads section? (like even on ROM pages) for faster access to search instead of having to click it and go there? I mean if you put a search box over the list of ROMS in the (NDS) section, then you could search through the NDS only roms easily there.

9. Seph

Who says we haven't? :p
    I'm updating large parts of the sites and I'm making the information organized much neater.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you can just install and use the browser search bar plugin?

11. Seph

That only works with firefox though.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I thought it worked with IE7?

13. Mikeyface

Mikeyface Member

I'd like to add thanks. I'd downloaded quite a bit from here, so I thought what the hell and donated. Very glad I did because this site is DEFINATELY worth supporting.

Only thing that annoys me a bit is that you can only download one file at a time, even when you're a member, but that's minimal annoyance. Much less annoying than 23453 popups and "VOTE US #1!!!" scams.

Big hugs to Seph!

14. Seph

The one download a time is a problem really, one that we cannot fix. We have investigated it heavily, it's not the server configuration nor the firewall, so we're at a loss really.

I still hope we can fix it so that premium members can be allowed more than one connection.

15. obelisk12

obelisk12 New Member

I have to admit too, this is the best rom site ever I will donate as soon as I am old enough to get a credit card.

16. MusicAddict911

Looks good. :D