1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tezuka's Silly Pixel Portfolio

Discussion in 'Portfolios' started by Tezuka101, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Tezuka101

Tezuka101 Active Member

For a few weeks now I have been trying out doing pixel art, so far it's quite mediocre and still needs a lot of work. Since I know you guys will be able to give me a few helpful hints, I decided to post what I have done so far:

Custom Version of the Red Queen - Blue Dragon (WIP)

[​IMG]

Previous WIP

I've spent about two weeks on-and-off on this one so far and I am quite happy on how well the blade has come out. I should have used a reference picture for this one, but I ended up doing it from memory. I am having trouble doing the design plate shading (where the blue and yellow is), which makes that area look tacky compared to the blade itself.

I have done the basic and some advanced shading on the handle, now I am currently working on the design for the hilt.

Nero Hairstyle

[​IMG]

Larger Version

A friend of mine let me use the Nero hair template he had to help me with my basic hair shading technique. I am kind of happy how it turned out, but all I used to do it was a simple dithering technique.

Simple Head with Random Hair

[​IMG]

Larger Version

A simple test of skill by creating a head template and hairstyle from scratch. This is the one I am the most unhappiest about, the hairstyle is really basic and shows the dithering technique was not suitable for the hairstyle I did.

A Simple Bar

[​IMG]

A simple white and green bar I did for a college project.

Anime Style Eye

[​IMG]

Larger Version

Will be part of a bigger picture. The reason why I am posting the eye by itself at the moment is that I have NEVER tried doing faces before, especially not anime/japanese art style ones. I am pleased with how the shading came out for the eye, but work still needs to be done on the eye lash before I call it finished. Critique on this would be greatly appreciated.

Head - Facing Forward (WIP)

[​IMG]

Previous WIP

The second part of the bigger picture. The template for both the face and hair have been completed. This is the VERY FIRST TIME I have tried this, so I am still not sure about the shape of both the face and hair. I am currently doing the hair shading first, I will be taking my time with it though to avoid messing this up. The neck and shoulders will be added last, they have already been done, but this is just showing the head at the moment.

Critique and tips from you guys would be highly appreciated. :)