1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Texting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doughboy, Sep 26, 2010.

1. doughboy

doughboy Guest

So what do you think about texting?
    How is it beneficial?
    I personally don't own a phone at the time (since 2005)
    But I find it to be a tad annoying.
    And I will tell you why...
    -First off, I hate how everyone takes they're phones taken away at school (why text in class)
    -Second, it is taking away valuable time with loved ones and friends (I am old school)
    -Third, it is taking away the kids ability to learn and do other things efficiently as they are attached to it. (in some cases they get aggressive if they don't text)
    I prefer not to be texted, if I had a phone, and I do not have online accounts for my games, I rather have the people in front of me to witness their facial expressions of defeat.
    You know, old school; chips , drinks, cool atmosphere.
    online gaming - You don't even know the person, so your fighting for an invisible crown or respect. (Pwnage I believe you guys call it) :p guess its your choice there though.
    EDIT:
    guessing everyone here is mostly a kid and do not understand where im coming from.
    Or agree with one piece of this. :p :D

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

The only problem I have with texting is the stupid language. Kids are gonna grow up not been able to use proper english.
    I actually prefer to keep in contact through texts, I can ignore them if I want and reply 4 hours later.

3. Reider

Reider Modereider

It always amused me how my classmates in high school struggled with reading most of the time but they could read that ugly text speak with minimal effort.

4. doughboy

doughboy Guest

XD

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Jesus christ, what the hell are you typing? It's giving me eye cancer.
    Anyways, I don't text because I've got no one worthy of looking at my text.

6. Reider

Reider Modereider

Hey, would you mind adding more substance to your posts than a simple smiley face? I do confess that teenagers that can't read anything besides "I wnt to fck u" is absolutely hilarious, but there still needs to at least be a bit more substance to a post outside of the spam section.

7. Stanley Richards

I just notice that Teenagers think it's "SMS" language by removing all the known vowels in words that have 3 or more letters.
    "Cn u cm 2 my hs tdy fr a prty"

8. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

I use text templates. It's a quick way for me to let people who call me know that 'now's not a good time to call me, as I'm in a middle of a meeting/school.'

And I don't ever use short-handing SMS bullshit. Whenever I send text messages, people don't dispute the clarity of my messages that I send them.

9. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

texting is my main form of communication, guess it's more of a brittish thing.

10. doughboy

doughboy Guest

XD that was hilarious, and true
    S.I.R: other people seem to understand me...
    I have given up the ellipses which I typed allot.
    That I believe is more annoying (apparently) and I think Reider would agree.
    So, I have been improving in my online punctuation.

11. Stanley Richards

Of course they can understand you. But the fact is that it's so bloody messy. You really seem to love hitting the ENTER button.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

God I hate SMS speak, especially this Jejemon fad...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jejemon

...that's ruining the current generation of my country men's skills & knowledge of Good grammar & spelling :p

13. doughboy

doughboy Guest

::) thats is all.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

texting is a useful means of communication for deaf people.

15. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Hooray, one useful thing to use it for, thanks loony :)
    I think that kids get out of hand with it though.

16. Stanley Richards

Texting has always been useful. SMSes are cheaper where I live.

17. doughboy

doughboy Guest

so SMS is short texting? (limited space)

18. Stanley Richards

It's Singapore's form of texting.

19. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

I particulary find it useful some times, here is cheaper.
    But what I hate is when the "kids" get on the phome and type thing s I can't read so good, short words make me wonder that was really there.
    It also applies to MSN language, here most people who spoke in MSN type all wrong in porpuse, geez that kill the language.

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

same thing, sms is short for short message service. modern phones allow more than the 140/160 characters SMS allows, but they do that by splitting it into multiple messages.