1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Text Overlapping Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by BlueMagnus, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueMagnus

BlueMagnus New Member

I recently downloaded the Rom Tales of Destiny from RomUlation. I use the Emulator ePSXe 1.7.0.
    scph1001-USA BIOS. Pete D3D video plugin, it was recommend for the video card I have on my computer.
    With that out of the way here is my problem. When I play the game it plays fine except that the text from the dialogue box doesn't refresh with each page of text that is displayed. This causes the dialogue to overlap and run together making a big of jumbled mess that gets hard to read when there is a long drawn out conversation. Here is an example:
    "Hey wake up!!"
    "....""y wake up!!"

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

this is your graphics plugin settings. What graphics card do you have, what graphics plugin are you using and what settings are you using for said plugin?

3. BlueMagnus

BlueMagnus New Member

ATI Radeon X1200
    My graphic plugin is a Pete's D3D Driver 1.77. The D3D is what is recommended for the ATI Radeon cards. As for the settings its whatever it was when I selected it. I didn't change anything.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try other video plugin, such as Pete Soft driver. :)

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

don't use a soft driver. I would suggest you look in the 'special fixes' section of the graphics plugin config.

6. BlueMagnus

BlueMagnus New Member

I found a video plugin that works thanks. : )
    I guess the recommended is not always the best. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.