1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Text Cleanup

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fennyariel, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

In Brave Fencer Musashi I'm having a strange problem in the speach balloons. Not all the letters are being erased before they say something new. And I don't have any audible speach either. Could somebody please tell me whether or not these problems have any solutions?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

We need more information, how are you playing the game? Common Issues

3. Fennyariel

I'm using the ePSXe Emulator. And that's as far as I can go until you say whether or not you need more stuff.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

We need version, what plugins you are using, etc.

5. Fennyariel

OMG
    I wouldn't know where to start with all that! I think I've tried one plugins for one game and one for another. I've found when emulating games they get to as individual as finger prints. Maybe you could tell me the best way to go for Musashi and I'll set things up that way?

6. TirithRR

I've never personally played the game on an emulator.

First start by making sure you've downloaded the ePSXe plugin pack here:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=600.0

Then, find out what brand of video card you have.
    If it's an Nvidia card, Pete's OpenGL2 video plugin is a good starting point. (I think 2.9 is the latest, in that pack).
    If it's a non-Nvidia card, try Pete's D3D drivers. (I think 1.77 is the latest).

Get both ePSXe 1.5.2 and ePSXe 1.7.0, 1.7.0 is the latest, and works well, but 1.5.2 has better compatibility with some games. You probably won't ever need 1.6.0.

For sound, try using the ePSXe core SPU 1.7.0, it's very good and requires no configuration.

7. Fennyariel

Well I did all that you said and so far the only game that's running normally is Breath of Fire III. It's behaving just like back in the old days on my real PSX! So why is it the that's the only game that runs right. Lord knows it's not because my computer sucks! I've got an Nvidia graphics card, Intel dual core processer, and 2 gig of RAM. You'd think that be enough, wouldn't you?! Oh well, I'll go poke around somemore and see if I can't trip over something. Thanx! ;v)

8. Fennyariel

Well I've got good news and bad news. The good new is that newer version of the emulator fixed my sloppy text problem in Musashi! ;v)
    The bad news is I'm now having problems with the original Blood Omen. I can't keep the all my my vital stats showing on the right side of my screen. You know, the blood vial, the clock, and the magic runes? And we sort need to be able to see those! Is there something I could tweak in the video settings that'll lock those into a visable position please?

9. TirithRR

The configuration that works for one game, may not work for another.

Try a few changes, use an earlier version, etc.

10. Fennyariel

You mean for each game I'll have to tweak and peak until things go the way they're supposed to?! That could take 3 forevers and a day! And I know I'll be bald by then for snatching my hair out!

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

maybe you should consider getting Delta, which stores configurations for different games and loads the correct one for you.

12. TirithRR

For the most part, one good setting will be good enough for many games. But a few games out there might require just small tweaks, like changing from Pete's OpenGL to D3D, or enabling certain game fixes.

Personally I've never ran into a game that didn't work on Pete's D3D or OpenGL, but I stick to the RPGs, and stay away from those fighting and racing games.

13. Fennyariel

I love RPG's too! But now it's Blood Omen I'm having problems with. You know how on the right side it shows your blood, your clock, and your magic? Well everytime I go to a sub screen and then come back out it disappears! And needless to say that's more than a little important to be able to look at whenever you need to! I'm hoping there's a fix for it.

14. TirithRR

Have you tried different plugins, and different plugin settings?

I personally don't have the game, so I can't try it out myself. Play around a bit with the settings, and you'll learn a bit about what works for your hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.