1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by dragomasta, Feb 14, 2009.

1. dragomasta

dragomasta Member

Two words guys.
    MUST WATCH.
    That was a REALLY good anime

2. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

Hmm, sci-fi was showing it for their Ani-Monday programming block...might check it out if it's still showing....

3. Pearldante

Pearldante Member

i agree i i'm a long time TTGL fan( WHY KAMINA WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY????? they should of took yoko in stead) and i think anyone who like anime should watch this then join my plea to god to return to us are lord

4. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

kamina need to happen cuz if he did not simon would never have grown up and be awesome as he was.

...also yoko had nothing significant to add to story but was nice to look at so I won't complain

5. tenchan4

tenchan4 Well-Known Member

Yes.....................I am definitley a frickin' OTAKU!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. 4ds

4ds Well-Known Member

lol i cry when the brother was dead rarely get that emotional normally ,this anime is great !!^_^

7. f-xkira

f-xkira Member

GIIGGGGGAAAAAAAA DRIIILLLLLLLLL BBRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. khaislash

khaislash Well-Known Member

Gurren Lagann, another anime besides Code Geass that touched me. A well-balanced anime with a decent humour level and a good plot. This anime is a 'must watch' material.

Plot: 10/10
    Humour: 9/10
    Pervy~ness: 5/10
    Character Art: 8/10
    Storyline: 4/10 [Spiral beings, Living Underground, Beastmen, etc. Pretty much too nonsensical. Gainax might be thinking out of the box.]

9. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

what do you mean nonsensical? it made so much sense!
    the spiral beings refers to the humans DNA (the double helix[Helix King] thingies), it shows us that we can't live without change for too long, there is always going to be someone who is going to see further what he's seeing, seeking more (Kamina who wants to go to the surface)
    Tere's always someone who is going to change for improvements.
    Gainax actually thought this one out alot

PS: NIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PSS: Yoko was pretty useless throughout the story right?

10. khaislash

Vehicles with legs instead of a hover pad or wheels. Furthermore in the Anime, Spiral Beings aren't only consists of Human. It consists of beings living in the Milky Way. The conditions of Earth was also too unrealistic. Rapid change in 7 years after the Helix King was destroyed. Wasteland ----> Advanced City Landscape.

11. crazytuna

Yeah I must admit that in 7 years, too much change happened in such a short amount of time, but still it was a pretty kick-ass anime

12. raphy_angelo

raphy_angelo Member

one of the best ever

13. khaislash

Lol yeah, this anime kick-ass!

14. crazytuna

It does more than kick ass, it heaven-piercingly kicks ass