1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Teenager sentenced to life for killing

Discussion in 'General News' started by Fylgja, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

2. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Kids these days. Tsk tsk.

I'll just take it at face value that he did it and tsk tsk my superiority across to your screen.
    Hence, tsk tsk.

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

stop wasting tax payer's money and hang him.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Keeping someone alive in prison is cheaper than killing them, just to let you know.

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Elaborate to Calvin because he won't understand.

Killing someone with the lethal injection costs more than keeping them alive in prison.

6. calvin_0

his is 17 years old, that mean for life you'll need to keep him for atleast another 68 years in prison. 68 years of meal is cheaper then a piece of rope and 2 sand bags?

i doubt it. unless you are saying feed him shit that not even dog would eat and force him work for 12 hours a day as a mean of paying back.

i did say hang him.

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Learn about the 'sentence to life' before you claim that he'll actually be there for the rest of his life. On average for most countries, you're eligible for parole in 20 years.

For Australia, it's whatever the judge deems is necessary.

Yes, because we haven't grown up since the 18th century.

8. calvin_0

i know he will eventually get paroled, letting the tiger back into the jungle as some said it.

he did beat someone to dead.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's like you forgot what you wrote.

10. calvin_0

just because i use the worse possible punishment (in this case, life sentence really mean for life), it doesnt mean i dont understand what it mean or it does.

its also the reason i said hang him, so he dont get the chance to kill again.

but again, you would said there is a chance he wont kill again... better safe then sorry is the only thing i can say.

11. Zydaline

Ropes be expensive.

That is so...Fatalistic. Can't a person be allowed to repent? One crime committed on high doesn't mean he'll be EVILZZZZ for life. The chances of him turning over a new life and becoming an upstanding citizen may not be all-time high, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

12. calvin_0

but you cant guarantee he will turn over, can you?.

13. Zydaline

Nor can you guarantee he won't.

14. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Burn him at the stake or stone him to death, a can of petrol or some rocks is pretty cheap.

15. calvin_0

murphy law, anything can go wrong, will go wrong.

stone him to dead, i like that idea. since he did beat people to dead, he should be "beat" to dead as well, so he would know what his victim feels.

16. Zydaline

As proven as religion.

Are you related to Bibi Aisha's family?

17. msg2009

I was joking.

I do believe there is a place for the death penalty, just not for eveyone that kills. Some people clearly do deserve it and the world is a better place for it, luckily its quite rare.
    My GF watches most evil on the crime channel so I see programmes about the worst serial killers and stuff all the time.
    I believe each case should be assessed individually, not just slap an automatic death penalty on someone because someone else got one for a similar crime. A 14 year old kid is a totally different problem to a grown adult.
    I think 20 years hard labour, working for the taxpayers is a pretty good punishment, he/she will pay for their own food and lodgings.

I also believe the death penalty should be considered in every single case of murder, but only used when necessary. Its a good deterrent knowing that if you kill there is a possibility you will die too. I know I wouldn't risk it.

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

There's a difference between one person killing another and a government/judicial system killing a man.

19. calvin_0

unlike god, murphy law can be proven with math, also unlike god, everyone have experience murphy law one way of another, otherwise planing and risk management is useless.

[​IMG]

possible, we all are related to mitochondrial eve after all.

one is crime the other is just deserts

20. msg2009

If you want to use maths then im sure maths could provide a percentage chance of that kid not killing again. If its higher than 0 there is a chance. Right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.