1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TCG-NDS] Pokemon Trading Card : Asobikata DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Prectorian, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

[​IMG]

GameFreak and Nintendo are going to release a new version of Pokemon Trading Card Game on the 5th of August 2011 in Japan. This would be the first time since its predecessor shown up in the GameBoy Color console.

[​IMG]

The bundle is said will be sold at around 2,980 Yen. In the bundle, it will include; a play mat, a damage counter, a playing manual-rule book, 3 starter packs (each containing 30 cards) from the Pokemon Black and White (Generation 5 Series), and a tutorial in the form of a Pokemon Trading Card : Asobikata DS cartridge, as well as potentially some other undisclosed items.

The 3 starter packs are; Green Tornado, Blue Assault, and Red Frenzy. Serperior, Musharna and Sawbuck are some of the Pokemons that will be part of the Green Tornado pack which are of Nature ability. Galvantula and Basculin will be part of the Blue Assault pack with Water or Ice ability, while Emboar, Tepig, and Stoutland will be part of the Red Frenzy pack with Fire or Dark ability. Of cause there are other packs based on the various Pokemon ability group such as Pychic, Lightning, etc. each sold separately.

Behind each deck box pack is a redeem code, which you can enter into the Pokemon TCG Online (http://www.pokemontcg.com/) to play the same deck online against other TCG players across the globe; to log in you need to enter the same username and password as your Pokemon Dream World account if you already have one, or make a new one.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Talking about the DS cartridge tutorial version of the game; the name Pokemon Trading Card: Asobikata DS literally when translated means "How to Play Pokemon Trading Card". In it will contain playable digital version of the cards, and shall act as an interactive tutorial that will allow you to play against the CPU/AI compared to the traditional DVD/VCD video demo of the past version. Also the DS cartridge will support download play features and allow you to freely share copies of the game. It also act as a digital rule reference, as well as provide quiz/trivia to enhance your knowledge on this game. Rumor has it that between 15 July to 8 September 2011, there will be a downloadable demo version of the tutorial which can be downloaded from Nintendo Zone.

[​IMG]

In order to remind us all about the fun of playing Pokemon Trading Card Game while we wait for the official release of the upcoming version, I've delibrately posted the GameBoy Color version for the sake of nostalgia, which you can find it by clicking here. You can play the game on your PC/Laptop using visualboy advance emulator for GameBoy, download from this link; http://vba.ngemu.com/, or use Lameboy emulator for playing on the NDS console, download from this link; http://lameboy.nutki.com/.

Feel free to post and share whatever your thought that you have about the upcoming version will be like, what your expectations, and any newer disclosed updates you might know.

Info Source References:
    1. Siliconera.com
    2. Andriasang.com
    3. Official Pokemon TCG Online Site

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Magic The Gathering > All other TGCs

3. Prectorian

4. Stanley Richards

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

This post is so wrong it hurts

6. Prectorian

Ooops...!! Seems like I made a blunder, forgot to check out that magic gathering game.... in any case, its still irrelevent to the trading card game in the discussion.

7. Stanley Richards

IKR, How silly of me.

There.

Either way, people still play this silly card game?

8. Prectorian

Quite sure Pokemon fanatics still do. Some people, especially Japanese are very fond of collecting trading cards. I'd been in Akihabara during my visit to Tokyo back in 2009, saw many shops specially dedicated to selling such cards. Collectors find it addicting and surely it sells like hot cake there.

9. evannick

evannick Well-Known Member

sigh.... do want a full DS pokemon TCG though.....

10. Stanley Richards

And they need help from a nintendo DS game in order to be good at it?

11. Prectorian

Certainly the bundle is not only meant for collectors only. Kids too surely will want it. And the tutorial cartridge will be a very effective learning tool for the novice compared to reading the game manual provided. I'm just hoping that the cartridge contain more than just interactive tutorial, but more like the GameBoy's version of Pokemon TCG. Crossing-fingers.

12. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Pokemon TCG for game boy was an awesome game.
    Praying that the DS is a game and not just a tutorial.

13. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I will surely play this if it's a full game, pokemon TCG was always one of my gameboy favorites

14. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

why nintendo dont ever release Pokemon TCG Video game.... beside those 2 GBC game....

15. Prectorian

Those of you who have DSi and 3DS (not sure about the NDS), can try the downloadable demo version through DS Download Play.

Youtube video on how to download the demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJGwzWhWO6I

16. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

Isn't this the short game they made just to teach you how to play the new TCG? I wish they made one like the gbc ones...

17. Prectorian

Yup! The NDS version is said will only be a playable tutorial cartridge, not a full game like in the case of the GBC version.

18. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

Well...hinting at a TCG for 3DS yet to come, maybe?

19. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you, but DS Download Play is the service built into the firmware. You know, where the person activates the service, you choose the option, then your system picks up on it. Basically, you'll still have to know somebody with a game. Without an understanding of Japanese though, the game will be completely useless being so heavily based on text.

20. sinnoh2

sinnoh2 Well-Known Member

are thye like now taking our advice and like bringing back old stuff :D?