1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Task Bar Baring

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fennyariel, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

I don't know why but all of sudden when ever I run ePSXe my task bar like to stay showing. Could somebody please tell me how to tuck it back in?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you can try turning off 'keep taskbar on top of other windows' in the taskbar properties.

3. Fennyariel

OMG You're pyschic! I was going to just say something like, "Well that'd be OK except for one thing, I've never turned it on." Then just as I was about to click post I thought maybe I'd better check. And it was checked! The crazy thing is though my first thought is still correct! I honestly dorn't remember ever ticking that little box!
    *scratches her head
    I mean I know if that's ticked that's just going to make the task bar get in the way of everything else. OK, this just got too weird!
    LOL

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

mine is ticked but it doesn't get in the way of stuff, so it presumably depends on how the program is coded.

5. Fennyariel

Well I'm thinking it's an emulator problem because now that I've gotten my task bar out of the way I can't hit ESC like we're supposed to be able to just see the emulator window sitting there on our desktops. I have to do the old control, alt, delete and end task bit to stop it from running. Funnything is it was working just fine this morning.
    *scratches her head some more

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

ESC won't do anything if ePSXe is not the active window (meaning you clicked somewhere else, like your taskbar).

Also, if you hit the X in the upper right while playing ePSXe, you won't be able to hit ESC anymore to bring up the ePSXe GUI, and will have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to stop ePSXe from running.

7. Fennyariel

Well is there a way to fix it if I do get stupid and forget and click X so ESC will work right again?

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Nope, the only way to fix it after you click the X is to force it to shutdown using the End Task option in the task manager.

You'll eventually get used to not hitting the X, when I first started using ePSXe I did it a few times and eventually got used to hitting ESC first then closing the emulator.

9. Fennyariel

I think you misunderstood me. Say I inadvertantly click the X. Is there something we can do to make hitting ESC work normal again so we don't have to do an end task?

10. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood him. No.

11. Fennyariel

Well as it turns out there was something else goofy too and since I've got too much HD space to go picking through everything I just wiped my internal SATA where I keep Windows and started over from proverbial scratch! ;v) Now everything's back to normal! ;v)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.