1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Talking about hacking (A Question)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1Blacks1, Nov 11, 2008.

1. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Why is Talking / Providing Hacks, Wires Etc Gets you banned in almost all forums yet they themselfs have Illigal things ?

Dont get me wrong here i aint trying to get forums a bad rep but like, its a question thats been bothering me for a long time now

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

There's illegal and there's immoral, nothing good comes from hacking another persons PC.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

How about hacking a product, like ROM Translation hacking or ROM Alteration hacking, what category does that belong to, illegal or immoral? Although according to every ROM hack patch readme file I've read so far, providing the fresh un-hacked ROM of a ROM Hack project is illegal but the patch itself isn't. Hmm.. that's kinda confusing if you ask me.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

he means hacking in the well known definition, which thanks to the ignorant media is actually the incorrect one. Hacking, as CRV said (the actual correct definition) is not immoral and is not necessarily illegal either. Cracking, which is what 1blacks1 was referring to, is both illegal and immoral in most places. although there are some countries where it is not explicitly illegal.

5. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

i See

You also understand everything i mean and so does CRV by Explaining what i mean
    :D
    you 2 are the greatiest
    :D