1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tales of Symphonia (NGC) on dolphin issues....

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tomoka, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hey, i seem to be having AUDIO issues with this game. i got it running at 100% but during cut scenes, around 28% so i can't use one audio plug-in so i use the default, i use either DX9 or DX11 rendering, cuz software rendering fucks it up, and my computer doesn't support openGL (barely....)so i'm wondering if there is anything i can do to make the audio like faster/better/understandable.....you probably won't have to guide me, i can do just about anything, just please tell me what to change. and yes, this is on the GC version of the game.

thanks in advance,
    Ryan...
    Post Merge: [time]1278442034[/time]
    why has no one replied.....reply even if you don't know the exact answer, any help, is good help!

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

This is a known issue, and there are no actual fixes yet at this time.
    Either by waiting for the new rev or official builds to be released or try running it on the old revision, around 4XXX - 5XXX.

Perhaps you can try switch between HLE and LLE plugins, with all the options enabled, reduce the volume, as well the Audio Backend.
    Try turning the Frame Limiter OFF, and enable the Audio Throttle, or vice-versa.

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

when ever i use LLE plugin, i get errors....tried reducing volume, didn't work, can't find audio Backend....am trying your other options....and also i'm using the Latest SVN....should i try an older one? if so, which one do you recommend?

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Audio Backend is on the sound plugins.

Not sure if the old rev fix the sound issue though, since some people only use it to fix the black screen issue(5XXX).
    I've tried some rev in the past, but none of them is working well. I suggest to either wait for the fix or just continue the game.
    But, if you insist try the 3XXX, or 4XXX revision.

Edit,
    Try increasing the Framelimit as well, and use Skies of Arcadia hack.

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i know i tried 5710, and it was so shaded i couldn't see it....well....i'm hoping to get a WII (USED) this Thursday....any advice on what specs i should look for? the guy i'm buying from has many, but not sure what would be soft-mod compatible....looking for the easiest possible way....i don't have WiFI, so i won't be putting internet on the wii, so should i look for a low serial number or something?

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Search the forums, there is a topic on this game/emulator already. Different versions of the emulator (3xxx was a good one) different settings, etc.

And please learn patience, stop replying to your own threads whining about how people aren't responding.

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hehehe sorry about the whining part, i was in a terrible mood yesterday (like most of the time, good mood today)so...i guess i will search, thanks.....