1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tales of eternia problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Voldnesis, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Voldnesis

Voldnesis Member

Whenever I go to switch weapons and armor the cursor moves too fast and I can't scroll down to switch anything, is there anything I can do to fix this problem? I can still play the game and everything else seems to run fine except this and not being able to switch armor and weapons kind of sucks when you get better ones to use.

Oh and I use epsxe170 for the emulator.

Also when I switch discs to an iso it won't let me switch to that disc like when it says please insert disc 2 to continue playing.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

change disc feature is known to not work on some versions of epsxe

as for the other problem, try setting the frame limiter in the graphics plugin configuration. set it to 30 or 60

3. Voldnesis

Voldnesis Member

Thank you for the reply, sadly I tried lowering the fps to 20, 30, 50, and 60 and it still won't work. I played eternia before on the emulator and it never had this problem like when I played it a year ago.

Could it perhaps be that I need a different version of epsxe to fix it and to be able to change discs?

4. Loonylion

its possible it might work better on a different version, or there might be a 'special game fix' you need to enable in the graphics plugin configuration (if you're using one of pete's plugins)

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Have you tried using the latest version of epsxe?

6. Voldnesis

Voldnesis Member

I thought epsxe 170 was the latest version?

I am using pete's plugins, I tried to get it to work with all of them and still nothing seems to work. I also tried the special game fixes and nothing. It is getting irritating.

7. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Just try and visit epsxe's official site. The 1.8.0 was recently just released.

8. Voldnesis

Voldnesis Member

Well I tried the 1.80 version and it seems to have made the game worse, instead of just going too fast switching equipment it goes too fast in the whole menu and this is after making the fps to 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 and using the fps limit. I'm at wits end. I really don't know what to do.

9. Loonylion

try epsxe 1.6.0 and 1.5.2, some games work best on specific versions