1. This forum is in read-only mode.

System file missing

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Patchoo, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Patchoo

Patchoo Member

Last night I downloaded the AKAIO firmware for my Acekard.. Works fine on mine except for some minor issues with the sav files needing to be renamed..
    I put the same firmware on my BFs Acekard but when he tries loading Dragon Quest IX he gets System File is Missing.. I checked on mine and it works fine for me. As far as I know, all the other games load fine... I am thinking it has something to do with his DS.. He has an Original while I have a Lite

Any ideas? I'm puzzled :-\

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Maybe it can be solved when formatting the sd and placing everything again on that card.
    be sure to back up first

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Yup! Do as Jonez said, try formatting his SD Micro and then re-insert the files back into it (remember to back up the entire content before proceeding). Its got nothing to do with being the NDS or the NDSL console. For convenience, try downloading the Panasonic SD Formatter.

4. Patchoo

Patchoo Member

Well.. Last night I downloaded some old official Firmware for the DS and now the game works...

Before putting the AKAIO firmware on the first time I formatted the card first.. What was puzzling is that it only happened on one game, but on my console it worked fine