1. This forum is in read-only mode.

System File missing on DS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Pinkella16, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinkella16

Pinkella16 Member

Hi
    I have downloaded the os from acekard but when the ds starts up its says System File Missing can anyone help please.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

So when you open the sd card, what are the files you see as it starts?

3. Pinkella16

Pinkella16 Member

It doesnt show any files

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It should have these file names.

(it's example-I use akio alternitive-swap akio with ak2 :) )

_akio (folder)

ak4menu.ds

The txt files you may not need-and don't change contents of the _ak2 folder or move anything.

And where are the ds games stored in this menu?

Connect your card to a computer-it needs the files downloaded to it first.

5. Pinkella16

Pinkella16 Member

The files in ak2 are cheats, dsmplay, icons, language, lmp-ng, plug-in, ui, ak2_sd.dldi, faq, global settings, last save, plug-in, poweroff, read me and sd list - do you think i have downloaded the wrong one i have already done on of these and didnt have any problems.
    Thanks

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

no-if you haven't touched the inside of that you should have been fine.

See what I posted above-when you open up the sd card it should have those files at start-the contents of the ak2 folder don't matter unless you moved one.

Pretend you just opened up the original folder the firmware came in.

ak2menu.ds

_ak2

That's all you should see for now-I have an acekard 2.1 and this is what it should look like at start-prehaps the akmenu.ds is missing from root (start of card).

And did you get this from www.acekard.com
    ?

7. Pinkella16

Pinkella16 Member

there is no ak2menu.ds but there is _ak2. Sorry if i sound a bit dense i am quite new to all this but i did one for my daughter a couple of weeks ago and was fine so i dont understand why its not working now. Yes i went to the acekard website. I'm wondering if i downloaded the wrong one.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That's why then.

ak2menu.ds is the menu controls-should be next too the _ak2 folder in same directory.

And don't worry-I often forget myself :)

If you have the original download find that file and place it in same place as that.

It should work after that-let us know how it goes.

9. Pinkella16

Pinkella16 Member

I thought i would try downloading it again from acekard.com but it still comes up the same so i think i must be picking the wrong one, i'm finding the download page on acekard a bit confusing this time.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

what is the name of the firmware you got?

I got the latest-but mine is akio-an alternitive (but I forgot where it is).

So lets recap-you didn't touch the inside of the _ak2 folder, and the ak2menu.ds is in same place, on root of the card (when you first open the card on your pc)?

Let me know once confirmed and I'll find you akio-see if that works-same thing but not official for it (still works-just adds better compatibility).

11. Pinkella16

Pinkella16 Member

Thanks so much for your help, dopey here has found the akmenu file you were talking about and is working fine now. :D

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

lol!

Well come back anytime-pleasure helping you out ;)

Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.