1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Swine Flu: Media taking it too far?

Discussion in 'General News' started by nhi_po, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

the swine flu is just a super delicate flu right?
    sure, you can get the swine flu, but its not easy getting it(unless you try)
    i think the media was taking it up too much, i mean, covering your face with masks? even if you didnt do that, the flu is still avoidable, you can get it like any other flu, its treatable, so why worry? the swine flu, and the normal flu arent much of a difference, but it really scared some people! were they taking it to an unreachable level?

this is somewhat on-topic but uh... well read for yourself::::

a reliable source said that the swine flu massacre was just a diversion to cover up what obama was doing, i dont know what though, something about taxes?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

We already had a few topics about this.

And as everyone said in those...

1.Old news.

2.We are sick of the media blowing up something minor-this is fatal to those sickly-poor immune systems

3.Every country is doing it-so really it's prehaps a media shot or just a way to help people get over the financial crisis...which we are also sick off...

I think people would rather be worried about being sick then being poor.

3. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

was this ever included?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not sure-been ages since I actually checked them.

But it may have been mentioned at some point.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Swine flu is old news... the US stopped panicking about it a few months ago.

I honestly haven't heard anything in the US media for about two months about it. The only time I ever see Swine Flu news is on the BBC News feed, seems that every week some random old person or baby dies of it somewhere in the world, and it makes the news.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yeah they do that on aussie news as well.

A person dies and they call it a pandemic.

Bunch of crap-only those weak to it will suffer-I'm immune preety much XD

7. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

the news is always making stuff look deadly...... so i never really listen to them......

so far i have yet to get H1N1 even i work with a guy who got it....and i didnt wear a god damn mask and scrab my hand like a sergeon.

8. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

In Kuwait,yes.They still worried about swine flu which is pretty badassIt's a big issue in Kuwait.It's rumored that school's in Kuwait will be open in November due to this.However,the government kept saying postpone the school's opening which is also pretty badass too since I have been on hiatus from school for about 3 month due to summer vacation.Pretty bastard eh?

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I hate colds enough though to warrent telling the person to GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!

...I need money-and work doesn't want me sick-if someone has a cold they are dead to me .

Besides...I'd never take a risk like that-if I can avoid I'd do that-though I must say I'm high risk being in a retail job that has my outdoors mostly.

And no I'm not a door to door sales man.

10. Fragata

Fragata Well-Known Member

Yup. Imo its way overated... Im not so sure about the cover-up though, haven't heard anything about that. But wht i do find strange is that they said pigs would fly before the USA had a black president, and now, less than 100 days later, there's swine flu, which came from pigs, and its a airborne disease... I mean like wtf? 0_o

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The name is only made because of where it may have originated from-not to actually do with pigs.

I have seen pigs fly-you pick them up and chuck them.

Not that I have...I lack the arm power.

12. TirithRR

You took a crappy joke and completely made it crappier.

The joke had nothing to do with it being an airborne disease. Pigs Fly, Pigs Flew, Swine Flu.

13. calvin_0

well if possible find a better job, the one that paid you even you are sick as long as you can prove it that you are sick.

14. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

and theres a job like that?

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Depending on the job and how trust worthy you are to your boss.

I was on maternity leave from my waitress job (wat) for more than 2 years. Then when I came back to work my boss wanted me to replace his position so he can retire because he trusted me with everything and saw that I was respected and a family type person.

It's all dependent on the employer. I trust my employees, they'll tell me if they're sick, have a hang over or whatever. I'll tell them to take the day off, as long as it's not frequently.

And you get paid on sick days, well that's the way it's like here, you get paid a different wage though.

Well I pay my employees about 10 bucks each sick day, that's what my boss did. I plan to continue that.

16. TirithRR

Where I work, you are allowed to take off personal days (like sick days) but you don't get paid for them. Unless the injury or sickness is work related, then workman's comp kicks in and that pays you.

17. calvin_0

my job is like that, once i got chicken pox and get 2 weeks off (with pay) with doctor's permission..... it would be like a vacation if it wasnt so itchy and i cant scratch >.>

18. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Swine flu kills just as many people as normal flu, they're just making it up to be something really big when it's not and it's affecting a lot of people and making them scared of it... They just don't make a big deal out of normal flu so not many people know.

If some people had some common sense then they would realise this.

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Actually, swine flu has killed significantly less than normal flu does.

20. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

I hate Kuwait,due to swine flu,now we must wear mask to school or else we can't get in into the premises.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.