1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Suspect VIRUS [NDS] 0491 - Big Brain Academy (Europe)(Supremacy)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by aquamac, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquamac

aquamac New Member

this is nintendo ds game

suspect this game has caused 3 cards to go down on kids machines, 2 ran this game and the card went down immediately, couple more it seemed to run fine - but on machine where card went down the big brain academy file was only file left

once run acekard 2i comes up with 'System File Error' - closer inspection everything seems to have been deleted except big brain academy and the disk is full deleting everything the disk is still full???

To rememdy i reformatted the card and reinstalled the acekard system software and all game software - took a while

not sure where to reposrt viruses

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...that error means some of the firmware files have been altered-even a child could mess with those via the ds.

Try scanning the game with an anti virus program, however no viruses have been found before.

But...the other errors could be these...

-The card is wearing down
    -If you tried other sites in the past, prehaps you got it there...
    -Prehaps your kids corrupted the card's files

Next time, do a virus scan before making claims, and let us know what it says, instead of scaring users XD

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

this isn't a virus. It may be antipiracy, but I dont think so. Most likely it was coincidence.

4. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Not had this problem with ez-flash (yet)

5. aquamac

aquamac New Member

this has all the hallmarks of a virus, all cards are brand new for christmas and loaded i got 5 in all and 3 have gone down with same symtoms, kids too young to be messing with system file and they managed to recreate the virus on 1 of the machines - btw checked all original files with mcafee and malwarebytes and they show nothing untoward

whilst loading it gets so far through then then message came up not enough memory to save, and wouldn't let them open the game, turned off and restart and system file missing came up

check on pc all files appear gone except 3 save files - one for the big brain academy and 2 others 1 was asphault racing which is the first game on the disk and LEGO Star Wars Complete saga - both those games had not been run recently - big brain was running at time

managed to delete other 2 save files ok, but big brain was locked and could not be copied or deleted using tera copy - tried windows system delete and worked although disk now appeared full although there was nothing on the disk - this has all the hallmarks of some sort of virus type activity

had to refomat - maybe someone else is brave enough to try backing their ds up and loading file and running?

6. Fragata

Fragata Well-Known Member

Firstly RomU has no viruses, i'm sure loony or seph would've taken care of those long ago. It is most likely an error with the firmware etc i had a silmilar problem with disgae ds

7. aquamac

aquamac New Member

p.s. have no software on machines from any other site - i love this site and would recommend it to anyone, hence why am trying best to help get it sorted, dont really trust any other sites as have used this since kids had r4 cards only

i am an it professional (programmer for 20 years) but have zero experience in ds virus or file corruption so am a little lost, hence whypostung here and not solving all myself

and i do say suspect virus? not sure just want to put it out there for you experts to check

many thanks and love the site - please noone be put off from using this site - it is No1 inmy book
    Post Merge: [time]1262097026[/time]
    Only thing non virus that i can think of is that the 8gig cards were quite full, maybe brain academy creates a big sav file when you first start it and the card ran out of space and in creating that file it corrupted the system files or overwrote the file table or something that caused the card to crash and corrupted the format of the sd card????

sorry guys hope this helps - btw do DS viruses appear on regular anti v progrs like symantec, mcafee and kaspersky?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.