1. This forum is in read-only mode.

surround sound systems, how many of you own them?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ultra, Jun 29, 2008.

1. ultra

ultra Guest

i want to know how many of the members of this site own surround sound systems, which are typically home theater systems, and why do you own one or why you don't own one?

i don't own a surround sound system unless you consider a 2.1 speaker system a surround sound system.
    my reason for not owning one is that we live in an apartment. so having loud sounds isn't really ideal as your neighbors will get mad about the loud music and such. also, we have limited space and the use of having 5.1+ speakers laying around is very space consuming. sound is sound, so we don't really care much about having that movie theater like experience as long as we can hear the sound.

2. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i have a really nice multi meda amp but don't use it that much as i live in a flat too.
    also the girlfriend doesn't see the point of it (stupid woman) so thats another reason

[​IMG]

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I have 5.1 speakers on my computer if that counts. Main reason I have it was because I wanted a subwoofer and Aldi had 5.1 speakers for £25 one week a couple of years ago.

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I have 5.1, got it mainly for movies and the 360, its wonderful hearing bullets wizz past, also helps with knowing which direction to turn and shoot. Also they hang on the wall so dont take up a lot of space at all, only the woofer (which is also the main unit) takes up room on the floor.

5. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

I also have 5.1 Live surround system that I got along with my home theatre system.

6. ultra

ultra Guest

a lot of you do own surround sound systems. would that suggest that the general audience [majoryity of the people] do own surround sound systems?

7. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I do. It's a BOSE home theater in a box. Works great for movies and games. Using that doubles the complexity of my home theater system, however. Most of my machines' sound go into the BOSE, and the video goes into my television.

I don't know about how many people own surround sound systems, though.

8. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

BOSE you lucky bitch, thay are the best sound systems you can get, have you got bose speakers

9. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

My roomates and I have managed to put together 5.1 system for the living room over time, originally we only had the satellite speakers, no subwoofer and no receiver. Now we have it all and even had to replace the satellites, but the new sound better anyways. We used to live in apartments too, but since they were on a college campus noise wasn't really an issue ;D.

I also have had a 7.1 setup for my computer for several years now, it's actually been useful when playing some games to know if somethings behind me and which direction specifically.

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Same as you Loonylion. Although I don't really put it around me just bunched together. So no point really. Creative brand.

11. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

I want to get it on my PC's speakers as well.