1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SuperR4i stopped working completely all of the sudden - help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iMDSi, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iMDSi

iMDSi Member

I was playing Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars (GTACW) on my DSi when the game froze. I turned the DSi off to reboot it, but when the DSi menu came on, the R4 icon was not available to be selected; so, I rebooted the DSi again and still R4 icon was not displayed in the menu. In fact, I even formatted the DSi to see if it will fix it, but it didn't; so, I formatted the MicroSD and reloaded all the required programs to make it run - still no R4 icon on the menu... What could have made this happen? Perhaps the R4 card got fried somehow, is this possible? I know for sure that my DSi is not the v1.4, and it was working perfectly until GTACW froze in the middle of the game....

Background:
    -Purchased the Super R4i and MicroSD cards from dealextreme.com
    -Had the most current kernel loaded from www.super4i.com, which is v1.20.
    -Using an 8 gig MicroSD card by Scandisk
    -Had about over 50 games saved in the MicroSD card
    -Have been using both cards for about a week or so.

Mind you, I just discovered this "romulation-thing" not too long ago... still very new at this.

Help!
    iMDSi

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Could be a contact problem. Try slipping some paper in the slot to push the R4's connectors closer to the DSi's.

3. iMDSi

iMDSi Member

Tried this technique, but no cigar... Aaah!

Might just have to pick up a new flash card...

What's the most reliable flash card available? Are they all pretty much comparable of each other?

4. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

maybe your card is bricked
    buy a new one like ezflash vi or acecard 2i

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Cyclo DS is great, mine still works perfect after two years. They're also quite expensive though. In the cheaper end I hear a lot of good stuff about Acekard, both compatibility wise and reliability wise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.