1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SuperCardDsTWO Micro SD card class and brand

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by dragneon007, Dec 7, 2010.

1. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

whats like the best micro sd card for the SCDT that has decent load speeds, I heard sandisk cards don't load games and that the class on some of the micro sd's don't load games very fast with other brands

is kingston really better than a sandisk for scdt?

basically, my question is if you own a SCDT, what Micro SD card are you using? I i'm looking for a good card that would load up games like mario vs donkey kong without problems, and not sure if class 2 SD cards would be good to order from amazon for such type of games.
    Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me with recommendations on what I should order for my SCDT.

looking for either 8GB or 16GB SD cards.

2. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

well, im running a 8gb sandisk Micro SD card with no problems, also ran a 4gb kingston SD card with no problem either, but i don't know what class they are

3. dragneon007

have you tried playing the following games?
    Pokemon pearl, mario vs donkey, golden sun dark dawn?

do you remember from what site you ordered from? maybe i can pull up the class of the micro sd's.

4. HeartofSword

HeartofSword Well-Known Member

WHO THE HELL told you that Sandisk cards don't load games? I have a 16Gb Sandisk + SuperCard DSTwo.To play the Mario vs Donkey Kong and Golden Sun Dark Dawn,just update the system3.dat and the ndspatch.dat [Both found on GBATemp;Just put them inside the _dstwo folder and replace the old ones].Not sure about Pokémon Pearl,never tested it cause I don't need it [​IMG] But it should work with no problems.
    Don't use Kingston,I used it before I get my Sandisk and it used to corrupt EVERYTIME I turned my DS off.Kingston sucks :/
    Get a 8Gb one,16Gb is a bit heavy for the DS and the load time will get a bit slow,but it doesn't bother even a bit.

5. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

im using a kingston sd card and pretty good loads my acecard games fast

6. Devilkid32176

well, i got mine through shoptemp for my DStwo, as for those game, i have them on my DStwo now and they run without any issues, like the previous person said, get the latest updates for it and you should be able to run all those games too

7. dragneon007

let me rephrase that, according to some forums I found on google search results, some kingston and sandisk micro sd's don't load very quick and don't load/play mario vs donkey kong with slow class micro sd cards, and according to the topics I googled, class 2 is considered slow, but not sure how slow it would be, you probably have a class 6 or 4 micro SD card.

Anyway, if any of you are using a 8GB or 16GB micro sd, it would help if you guys could help by posting what class your using, and how fast it loads up these games, so i can get a better idea of what to order for my super card dstwo.
    thanks in advance.

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Google what class actually means in terms of MicroSD cards. You'll discover it has nothing to do with their overall performance when placed in the flash cart.

The only reason any MicroSD card really fails is for reasons that have nothing to do with class. They could just be kind of the runt of the litter and have overall poor performance, they could be overloaded and terribly close to their memory limit (a problem prevalent in higher capacity MicroSD cards), or it could just be nearing the end of its life depending on how long you've had it.

Basically, get a Sandisk. GO GO GO.

9. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

for my DStwo, I'm using a 4GB class 2 MicroSD and I have had no problems with it.

10. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

For my DS2, i use a 32GB Sandisk MicroSD, C2... I don't have any of the issues you're asking about?

11. Devilkid32176

32GB o_O jeez... overkill much ryan :p

12. dragneon007

Been searching up topics like this on google, and couldn't find a clear answer, but thank you for making things easy and clearing things up with a straight forward reply.
    I'll go and order a 16gb sandisk c2, since yours doesn't have any issues.
    Thank you.