1. This forum is in read-only mode.

supercard vs acekard

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by silarry80, Aug 17, 2010.

1. silarry80

silarry80 Well-Known Member

hi, i wanna know which one is better to use in a new dsi xl, supercard or acekard? which one more often to update their firmware? thanks ;D

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

both have their ups and downs
    SC DS2: plus side: has amazing compatibility, save in game, gba emulator, looks great, does not need regular updating
    Down Side: its expensive (34$), gba emulator does not work that great yet
    Acekard 2i: plus side: amazing compatibility (using AKAIO), its cheap(15$), wifi updates for cheats, wii conectivity
    Down side: need to flash for it to work on DSi, DSiXL 1.4, no gba emulator, good compatibility using official firmware

I would personally get the supercard DSTWo, but it is expensive, you see which one is more convinient for you

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I would recommend the Acekard 2i. The above things are true, but if you just want a simple cart, then go with the AK2i with AKAIO.

4. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

Do you have access to a DS phat or DS lite? Does a sibling or friend have one you can borrow for a few minutes? If not, some companies will pre-flash the acekard for you.

Basically, the acekard 2i does not work on the dsi xl until it's been "updated", and in order to update it, it needs to be inserted into a ds phat or lite to flash it, then it's ready to be used in an XL.

5. silarry80

thanks guys.
    iluvfupaburgers: with supercard you can play gba on your dsi xl? a gba emu is supported really?
    ace1o1: i like the simple things... :)
    archlvt: i have a ds lite, but i dont understand how to flash acekard to use in dsi xl...

6. iluvfupaburgers

yes, it has gba emulation, i heard its ok, not great, but its ok. supercard dstwo is pretty simple, you just download the firmware, and thats it, and it doesnt need regular updates. and flashing the acekard, im not sure how it works, but i know you need a ds lite or regular ds to do this

7. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

I wrote a simple guide on official acekard forum.
    http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=5269&extra=page%3D1

8. silarry80

ok then.. case closed :)
    thanks guys..

9. iluvfupaburgers

which one did you go for? :p

10. silarry80

i havent buy any. its still a plan. wait till i have enough money :)
    maybe i'll go with supercard