1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SuperCard Lite ROM patching

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by speedwaymaniac, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedwaymaniac

speedwaymaniac New Member

Hi Everyone...

I'm after a bit of help / advise with patching .nds roms that I have downloaded for the SuperCard Lite (MicroSD).

I have downloaded the roms from two sites both this one and another (sadly fail to remember the site address), and have patched using the latest SuperCard patching software for this particular model. Version 2.70 from this address: http://eng.supercard.sc/soft_scl.htm I have also confirmed that the firmware version for this device is up to date.

However when copying (manually rather than outputting) to the MicroSD card the games fail to load and both screens show as White.
    Existing games that I already have on the card (inherited from someone else, of whom i've lost contact) still work fine. :-\

When patching i'm using the default settings as part of the patch software. Does anybody have any suggestions any help would be appreciated?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What are you patching the games for? Which games are you patching?

Most games do not need to be patched in order to play.

3. speedwaymaniac

speedwaymaniac New Member

When the games are downloaded they come as single .nds rom files, and my understanding is that (at least for the SuperCard) the rom will need to be patched to a .dsq with a .sav file.

There were 4 games I have tried patching:
    Resident Evil : Deadly Silence (E)
    Tomb Raider: Underworld (E)
    Nintendogs - Dalmation and Friends
    Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (E)

However when trying to run these after patching they all display White Screens. I remember trying to run just the .nds which also came up with just White Screens (without patching).
    As said already existing games on the card still load and play, two of these being: 42 All Time Classics & Mario64DS. All of these games already on the card appeared to have been patched as they have the .dsq and .sav extensions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.