1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Supercard DSTWO Questions

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by personuser, Oct 15, 2010.

1. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Hey, dad wanted to get me an MP3 player for about $100, but I figured that I could just get a DSTWO and a sdhc card for my DS instead, and save money + be able to do more.

First of all, here's my current rig:

Flashme-flashed Fat DS (and AC adapter from a GBA SP that works with it)

SLOT-2 Flashcard: M3 perfect miniSD (yes, it's an really old card that I might have to replace anyway)

Super Mario 64 DS actual DS card

2x2gb SanDisk SD cards

1x1gb kingston MiniSD card + adapter

Okay, now here comes the questions:

1. Does DSTWO support SDHCs? (like up to 32 gb)

2. Is audio playback good with a DSTWO?

3. Is there a good way to encode .dpg movies on a dstwo so they won't freeze every 5 secs (like with my M3 perfect?)

4. Will there be a way to choose which card I want to boot when both are in? (the M3 perfect still runs GBA perfectly)

5. Does DSTWO firmware update often? IS there any planned update for the emus?

6. Where's that SNES compatibility thread for dstwo?

7. Are there any "big" DS titles that still don't work on a DSTWO? (like AP, etc)

8. Overall, can a DS with a DSTWO be as functional as a $100 MP3 player, and then some?

9. My M3 perfect had issues running some homebrews. Is the DSTWO good at booting these?

10. (Last one) Best place to order a DSTWO? Price doesn't matter, but I don't wanna be overcharged.

Thank you, Romu community, for any help you can give me with this :D

2. matthew.villa

matthew.villa Well-Known Member

1) yes, but some files can corrupt on large sd cards
    2) i guess its what the ds can hold really
    3) i have used a few .dpg files and they haven't froze
    4) i believe so but you may have to ask someone else
    5) i have found that the firmware updates often but the emus haven't, but i have only had my DStwo a few months anyway
    6) http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=47116.msg1055475#msg1055475
    7) from the big games that i have they run without problems
    8) if you get 4 big name games then you will have passed they $100 mp3 player and you have paid $100
    9) i haven't used homebrew but i think it would easily run these due to the cpu on board
    10) i'm not sure for America, but i'm sure people will say on here shop temp but they are Chinese so delivery will take some time

hope this helps

3. personuser

Okay, I read GBATEMP's review of the card and I have a new question.

11. Is the build quality of the card REALLY that bad that it comes apart and breaks easily? Or in careful hands would it be OK?

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I'm probably the least careful person here and mine's still intact :p

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I'm very careful with it and mine freezes every ten minutes or so.....not fair.

6. personuser

Okay, so as long as I'm reckless with my card I'll be allright :p

Anyway, I've been reading about the class of storage cards for DS2, some folks say certain games won't even launch with a class 2? Is this true?

One last thing. My SLOT-2 M3 perfect (old, oold card) automatically boots when I turn my DS on, right? So will the DSTWO override the boot of the M3 perfect and boot itself first if I have both in?

EDIT: One last thing 2: Is there a version of the DLDI patcher that has DSTWO patching (for emulators)? Last I checked it wasn't listed, unless a new ver. has been released.

7. yoshi2889

1. No. You can boot games with slower cards.
    2. DSTWO will not boot automatically, in return you have your boot settings at manual. If you have it at Auto, you'll need to have internal firmware 1.05 (fixes the not loading issue at auto-mode) and it will override the boot of your M3.
    3. No.

8. personuser

Okay, cool.

If I hold select while I boot up it goes to the normal DS menu and you can start the M3 perfect as a GBA game. You can also boot the cart in the DS slot.
    So I suppose I'll just do that.

I actually looked around and found that Supercard's site had the DLDI patcher.

The card seems good to me, I'll be getting. Thanks, romu folks.

Oh BTW, I'll be installing EOS 1.07 (latest). Hopefully that won't cause any issues.

9. yoshi2889

I heard it has a few bugs, but apart from that it is working fine for me...